Every time I try to start ROON it gives "Lost connection"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Using Innuous Zennith Mk3, which does not seem to have any problems- I can log on to Zen through web and seems to be functioning. Also, Roon periodically connects for a few moments then gives “Lost connection” again.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi network is functioning normally- many devices have no problems connecting; Innuous is connected via ethernet,

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

Using Innuous Zennith Mk3, which does not seem to have any problems- I can log on to Zen through web and seems to be functioning. Also, Roon periodically connects for a few moments then gives “Lost connection” again. Wifi network is functioning normally- many devices have no problems connecting; Innuous is connected via ethernet,

Without the information that is asked for in the form there is not enough information for people to help.
Router, devices, operating systems etc.

Hi @Jeffrey_Bush,
Welcome to the Roon Forum!
As @ged_hickman1 said, it’s important to get your network details. Roon puts a heavy demand on network resources, requiring quite a bit more bandwidth than most other home applications (like Tidal or TVs). In addition, it uses a multicasting protocol to facilitate communication among devices, which again is fairly unique to Roon. So even if your network is performing normally with other applications, there may be underlying problems that need to be fixed for Roon to sing. Routers, OS, switches, any special firewalls, ethernet vs wifi, all can be culprits.

Thanks, @grossmsj and @ged_hickman1 ! Sorry for skipping over the system description; you are right, I was thinking the problem was unlikely to reside with the network. In the meantime, I deleted my Roon database and rebuilt and things seem to be working now. If I have problems again in the future, I will be sure to describe everything with detail. Thanks again for your willingness to help!

2 Likes

Good to see you are up and running again.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.