Exact same album appears twice

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core on IMAC, I7 32gb, SSD storage.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Core on ethernet, some endpoints on ethernet some on wifi.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

10’s of thousands

I often see duplicate icons for the exact same album. This is not a duplicate album or one that is the Tidal vs library version. It is just a second hit of the same album. I’ve tried hiding one of the dupes, but it keeps showing up. Merge does nothing either.

Just two of the same. Screenshot available on request.

Please post a screenshot of your storage settings.

Have you checked them to ensure the same folder is not listed twice or nested within another folder that is watched?

Do the duplicate albums have an identical paths?

It isn’t clear from your description whether you are having the issue with just one album or many albums in your library, please clarify.

I once managed to make a copy of an album and it was stored inside the album folder itself, hence two albums showed up. Paths looked very similar at first glance.

Happens if you drag and drop a lot, its easy to slip and drag a folder by accident

3 Likes

I think that solved the problem. Within the “music” folder, there was also a nested “music/media” folder. I believe this is a legacy itunes construct. I had never noticed before. However, I think this solved the duplicate album entry issue.

Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.