Exclude recycle bin on NAS Drive?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell XPS 8930 i7, WIndows 10, library on Synology DS218+ share, Roon 1.7 (Build 537)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology DS218+ > ASUS AC-87R router > microrendu > Topping D90 DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

microrendu via ethernet

Description Of Issue
My library folder is the Music share on my Synology DS218+ NAS. That folder includes a recycle bin ("#recycle") that has saved my rear pretty often.

When I edit metadata or add cover art or upgrade an MP3 to FLAC or upgrade a FLAC to hi-res, the original file goes into the recycle bin. Unfortunately, Roon seems to see that as a new file in the music folder and imports both the original in the bin and the new, different file in the folders where I keep my library.

Is it possible to keep the music folder and exclude the recycle subdirectory? Alternatively, is it possible to list all of the other 17 subdirectories as monitored folders? I didn’t see a way either to exclude a subdirectory or to have more than one monitored folder.

I think I may have solved this. I see the “ignored path” box at the bottom of the edit screen. I added a semicolon, followed by “#recycle” Think this will do the trick?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.