Exclusive Company to close all stores

Streaming gains another edge. The Exclusive Company, the goto source for vinyl in Wisconsin, is going to close all locations after the death of its founder.

After 66 years of bringing music and memories to generations throughout Wisconsin, it is with a heavy heart we announce The Exclusive Company will be closing all of our stores in the coming months. This sad development has come about due to the sudden passing of our founder and owner, James “Mr. G” Giombetti.
Mr. G opened the first store in his hometown of West Bend in 1956. From that day forward, The Exclusive Company became his one and only passion and purpose in life. Over the years he grew the business into a thriving chain of record stores, and endeared himself to his loyal customers and all who knew him.
Mr. G was often asked who his favorite artists were and he always gave the same answer; “anyone who records and/or performs with passion, makes the most of their talent, gives 100 percent at all times, and always gives the public their money’s worth.” That is exactly how he ran The Exclusive Company each and every day.

I have actually visited their stores in the Appleton and Oshkosh locations.

Both had good selection of records of which I may have left with a few :sunglasses:.

Think they had some of those shiny silver discs too😊.

This is a shame.

1 Like

I visited the Appleton store when I met my soon-to-be-wife who was working at Lawrence University at the time. Good memories, and sad to see another great store close.

1 Like

I worked at the store on the East side of Milwaukee. Lived on that block, the stories . . .

75% of my vinyl came from one of those stores. If you came in with the distributor and catalogue number, they would order it and call when it arrived.

I’m deeply saddened by this. Thoughts to G’s family and friends.

Say it With Me.
“The Exclusive Company”

2 Likes