Expand the "delete album" feature

Please - please…just a simple add. While one can delete the album from disk physically, it only remove the items Roon knows about - typically the songs themselves. Often I have residual items in the folder and then must manually delete the remainder, or just delete the folder and let Roon figure it out.

A simple fix is to add a checkbox option upon delete that indicates a ‘delete everything and the folder’ or something. It will make library and disk maintenance much easier.

TY!

Kev.

1 Like

If Roon deleted the entire folder it would require Roon to show the contents of the folder before they deleted it. It would be terrible programming to do otherwise. Why? Because they have no idea what might be in that folder other than music files.

I manage my music folders myself and would much prefer it if Roon had no way to delete any of the files in my library.

1 Like

Hence the checkbox. It doesn’t need to show the entirety. It could even just say something to the effect of “delete all XX files”?

I do manage the library manually but it saves time especially when culling duplicates.

Kev.

Delete album is one of my pet hates. Roon promises to never touch your files, but curiously, it’ll happily delete them. The feature should be removed, not expanded.

1 Like

Yeah, it really would need to show what was being deleted. It would be crazy for Roon not to show all the files. Roon would not want to delete something the user really didn’t want deleted without showing them. Otherwise, they open themselves up to being blamed for the deleting something the user really didn’t want deleted.