Export Fails on Some Files

In attempting to Export a Playlist I’ve found numerous files that will play in Roon or iTunes but won’t export. They will also play on other devices (my car hard drive) when simply copied over.
I have a log file with one of the files that failed to export Beck- Heart is a Drum.

Is there a way to identify the files that fail to export besides comparing the output folder to the Playlist one file at a time?

Mac Mini 2.3 G Intel Core i7, 8GB Ram, 1TB SSD + 2TB HDD internal, OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
Roon version 1.3 build 262 64bit
All music stored on internal HD 27,000 tracks

Thanks

Hi @Jim_C ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your observations with us. The insight is very appreciated!

Moving forward, would you be able to send us a a few media samples that you are noticing this issue with, via a dropbox download link for in house testing?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I’d be happy to.
Is there an easy way to determine which exports failed when exporting a bunch or do I do it the hard way?

Jim

Hi @Jim_C ---- Thank you for touching base with me.

Moving forward, the only way to determine what has failed will be to check your logs. If you want to send a copy of your logs over to us, using the instructions found here, I can take a look for you :sunglasses:

-Eric

I have a few files selected and they range in resolution from CD to 192/24. Some ripped, some downloaded from HD Tracks or Pro Studio Masters and some I recorded using Amarra Vinyl. Some are from albums that other tracks export properly from and some are from albums that no tracks will export from. I have moved files, changed hard drives, etc. but have only recently tried exporting, so can’t say whether these manipulations are the cause.

I have sent three files to you via Dropbox. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to troubleshoot this issue and thank you for your consistently superior customer service.

Jim

Hi @Jim_C ---- Thank you for the follow up and the kind words!

Is there any chance you could provide the content in this thread by providing me with a “shared” dropbox link? Very appreciated!

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I’m new to Dropbox so I’m hoping you got the log and files (I think) I sent directly to you. Here is the link to the files in question.

Jim

Hi @Jim_C ---- Thank you for the follow up, confirming that I have received the media :thumbsup:

However, I do not see the logs :sweat: any chance you can send them over to me, using the same method that used to provide the media?

-Eric

Hmm. I’ll try again.

1 Like

Thanks @Jim_C, confirming that your logs have been received! We’ll let you know what we come up with.

Your patience is very appreciated!
-Eric