Export Playlist don't work on Mac

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Synology DS918+, Core 1.7 (Build 571) Stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabit LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

not the Problem

Description Of Issue

If i try to export a Playlist on my iMac 5K from 2015 with 24GB RAM (Version 1.7 (build 571)) (all Flac-Files), the App hangs before exporting anything. I have to kill the App (not responding). If i do this on my Surface Pro (Windows 10, WiFi), everything went fine.

Hello @Jens_Karste, and welcome to the community! There are a few tests we can perform to narrow down the issue:

1. Try exporting to a different location (let’s make sure this isn’t a permission issue or an issue with the location you’ve chosen)
  2. Try exporting just one album instead of several, see if this works
  3. Reinstall on the mac

Please let me know the results and we’ll go from there!

-> 1. Did’nt solve the Problem to export to the Desktop
-> 2. Exporting only 1 Album was without Problems to both Locations
-> 3. I have just reinstalled Roon after having Trouble with Export

I have no Performance-Problems, eigther on the Synology nor on the Mac (see Screenshots while trying to export). I have tested to wait for the Export due to the 645 Files. After 8,5 hours there was not one Track exported.

Synology DS918+ with 12GB RAM and Dual-Gigabit-LAN

iMac 5K with 24GB RAM, AC-WLAN and Gigabit-LAN

Hello @Jens_Karste, and thanks for testing that! I have one more thing for us to do so I can get a diagnostic report to the QA team. Could you please do the following?

1. Restart Roon and the core
  2. Export one album, reply here with a timestamp of when you did this
  3. Give it a few minutes, then try to export two albums. When it fails, give me a timestamp

From this information I can enable diagnostics for your account and prepare a report for the team so we can take a closer look. Thanks!

Hello Nuwriy,

thanks for your Reply. I have checked like wished:

When What Result
18:37 Restarting Core OK
18:39 - 18:43 Starting Roon Client on Mac OK
18:45 Export 1 Album with 12 Tracks OK
18:50 Export 2 Albums with 25 Tracks Only first Album (11 Tracks) is exported
19:00 Export Playlist with 645 Tracks Only first Album (6 Tracks) is exported

With the Restart of the Core, now 6 Tracks of the Playlist are exported, before there was nothing exported at all.

Hello @Jens_Karste,

I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core and the mac are active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Hello @nuwriy,
i have restarted the Core and reproduced the Problem. I’ll hope your are able to find the Problem.

Kindest regards
Jens

Hello to the support team,
hello Jens,

same problem here, too. Another aspect is, that songs with foreign letters in the file name, like russian letters or german “Umlaute” like ä ö ü roon does not export. The files are in the m3u file, but no export of the song file. The result is an invalid list. Can I do something to solve the problem?

Kind regards

Volker

Hey @Jens_Karste,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

Hallo @nuwriy,
thanks a lot for your Reply. I will look forward to export my Playlist on the Mac in the Future.

2 Likes

I am having same issue here with IMac. I sue ROCK as roon core.
It has been issue on going since a few months ago and why Roon is ignoring us about this issue This is really diapppointing

Now we have Roon 1.8 and the Problem isn’t solved.
I think Function has higher Priority than Design - but Roonlabs loves to fix Design-Issues instead.

It seems, that the Export works better in 1.8 (Build 778).
I could export 390 of 697 Tracks in my Playlist. In earlier Versions i could export not more than 5 Tracks before the System hangs.

Hey @Jens_Karste,

Thanks for keeping this thread open and following up on the initial issue. Thanks for sharing how things have improved and what still needs addressing. I’m happy to pass this on to Dylan and Noris, if you want to further troubleshoot with them :slight_smile: . Please, just let me know.

And, the most important thing, please, accept my apology for the delay in replying :pleading_face:. Definitely not the timelines we had hoped…

I have the same problem. Network, hardware and software details are in my profile.

Hey @Andrew_Webb,

Thanks for chiming in and letting us know of the similar issue you’re experiencing. We’d absolutely love to take a closer look. Would you please create a post in the #support category?

Thanks in advance :pray:

This has always been a problem, since I first got Roon, in February 2018, so I just don’t use that feature. I did try it just now, and it locked up and failed. I only mentioned it in support of the OP—I’m not really interested in going through the long and involved process of tech support. I’ve had no luck at all with that in the past, and it takes up time I’d rather use for something else. My system/network details are in my profile, but they have changed over the past four years—during which time this has never once worked with more that 10-12 exporting files. Thank you for your interest, though.

Hey @Andrew_Webb,

I appreciate your candidness in sharing your experience so far, especially when it comes to troubleshooting this particular issue.

If you do change your mind and want to take another look at this, we’re here for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A new Version with the old Problem. One Year of changing graphical Stuff and not solving technical Problems. Shame on you.

Don’t offer a Mac-Version, if you don’t have the Knowledge for it.

Hi Roon Team

I have the same issue on my MAC client running Roon on a Nucleus 1.8 build 806.
Exporting a single song works, but not a whole playlist. The Roon client on the Mac stops working when pressing the export button.

Regards
Stefan