Exporting playlist content causes Roon client crash [Resolved]

Hi @noris,

Many thanks for the information and your prompt response.

1 Like

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

SonicTransporter i5 Roon 1.7, build 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio gear (818v3, SonicTransporter) is wired and isolated on dumb Netgear switch. Rest of network consists of Ubiquiti APs, Switch, etc. For this issue I tried both wired into dumb switch and WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A

Description Of Issue

Exporting a playlist hangs Roon remote 1.7, build 528 on both MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and 10.12.6 (Sierra). A playlist with 3 tracks that all play hangs Roon remote (only Force Quit will work) when I try to export it. Tried both wired to dumb switch that has my Roon core on it as well as WiFi.

Also tried rebooting Roon core as well as both MacBooks running Roon remote.

Hi @soundserge,

Thank you for your report. We are aware of this issue and are working on it, please see above:

1 Like

And ??? 5 months … and no solution ?

1 Like

So… It’s been some days now that your QA is “working” on that … It’s getting a little bit frustrating with this problem.

The only solution until now seems to be a complete delete of the library and to start again. But after some time, I now have the same problem again, but still no solution from your side…

Hi everyone,

We met with our team to discuss the current status of this investigation is still with our development team. We’ve upped the priority on this and, while it will not be able to make it into our next release, we are hoping that a release in the near future will include an improvement here. You have our apologies for the ongoing trouble!

1 Like

Roon Labs,

The issue was reported in this thread on March 15, 2020. On March 18 a ticket was opened. The issue/ticket/thread sat for 4 months with no update until another member persisted and got the same response from you, and you “upped the priority”. It is now September 20, a full SIX MONTHS since the issue was reported, since the ticket was opened, and 2 months since you 'upped the priority". What’s the status? Are there any notes in the ticket? Is this being worked on? Do you need to up the priority again?

Hi @DonaldLL,

Thanks for your patience here! I just checked the status of the ticket and I see that it’s actively being worked on.

As per policy, I can’t comment on when the work on the ticket will be fully completed and ready for release, but there have been recent updates, so it is making it’s way through the queue!

It’s been now MONTH since this issue first was reported!!! Now, another update, but still NO fix for that. Sorry it is getting really annoying! @noris: Any comments?

I don’t understand the strategy used.
A bug is clearly identified and no effort is made to fix it. It looks like Apple … It is not a bug but a feature … Versions follow one another and clearly identified bugs are ignored and not fixed … Warning. Take customers for what they are not …

Hi everyone,

Our QA team is testing some potential solutions for this issue — I can’t make any guarantees on a timeline as we are still testing this, but this remains a high priority issue for us and we’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as we have more information.

Dylan,

With all due respect, if this is being treated as high priority and a solution has not beed developed since March 15, 2020 (NINE months ago), you have bigger problems than I imagined.

Apparently this “problem” is not considered all that important by the Roon folks. How else could it survive this long without even an attempt to fix it.

It makes me wonder why any of us customers should bother reporting obvious bugs.

Happy Holidays,

A new version and a major bug still not fixed …
It has been going on for almost a year now …
Never seen a team of developers unable to fix their own software … And I work in computer science … Shame on them …
I hope that we will soon see competitors in Roon and then there …

1 Like

So, the next BIG Update and what happened to our issue? NOTHING!!! Stil no chance to export playlists without crash!

Are you kidding? A bug that has now been known for almost ONE YEAR is still not solved?

+1
The Roon developers are having fun … but I have the feeling that they don’t give a damn … First anniversary of an unresolved bug from version to version … which software company is capable of doing that: Roon Labs!

It appears this bug has been fixed in Roon 1.8. I am using Roon 1.8 (Build 764) and I can now export multiple albums with my iMac crashing.

Yay and thanks for finally getting to it!!

As the OP for this thread I can still NOT export a playlist without Roon (1.8 Build 764) freezing. The symptoms are exactly the same as I reported at the start of this thread.

@Speed_Racer You say you can export albums but this is not the issue. As the thread title says it is exporting a playlist which is the problem. Can you export a playlist?

@Dylan In a post on this thread in October 2020 you said that this was being worked on. Could you kindly let me know if this is still the case and if there is any idea when this may be resolved. It has now been outstanding for a year!

Nothing was fixed, sorry to say! The export of Playlists is still not possible without a crash. “Funny” thing, now for some moments it looks like as it would work, but in the end it leads to the same - a frozen App.

+1
To export my playlists, I had to install … a windows station!!! Because, there it works !!! On the other hand, on macOS systematic crashes … one year we are waiting for a patch … never seen a company like ROON unable to fix bugs, which makes features disappear … with them, we reach the limits of the SaaS model