Exporting Playlist Tracks with Albums with "..." characters

Good Afternoon,

I export playlists of my locally stored files regularly and I have noticed a few files failing to export. Unfortunately I need to look in the logs to find out which files but I can find out that way at least.

It appears this is because of Album titles with full stops at the end of the Album name.

For example I have these two albums:

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing…
Keri Hilson - In a Perfect World…

As you can see one has 3 x full stops and the other has 5 x full stops.

When storing in Windows (my Storage Source) I of course omit the full stops.

While exporting a playlist with any track from these albums Roon throws up this error:

11/05 08:11:56 Error: [export] Could not copy file C:\Users\Martijn\AppData\Local\Temp\.roonexportdata-34c79372-96ed-4f1b-b80f-72be3a9b5690\c9890eea-c1ec-4ea4-b1bc-4e8139a06b4d.flac to DJ Shadow/Endtroducing...../1-09 Midnight In a Perfect World.flac: Result[Status=UnexpectedError, ErrorText=System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified.

at Base.IO.LongPathCommon.GetFileHandle(String normalizedPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
   at Base.IO.LongPathFile.Open(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Roon.FileSystem.AttachedFileSystem.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<PutFile>b__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Roon.FileSystem.AttachedFileSystem.<PutFile>d__15.MoveNext()]

This is quite understandable as Windows will not allow you to store a file named in this way but is there something you can do to take care of this situation?

I tried changing the metadata for the Album name and removed the “…” and it successfully creates the album folder on the export but doesn’t copy the actual track.

Perhaps an error trap or workaround to remove any … at the end of the Album name when exporting is needed here.

Cheers
Martijn

P.S. I think you use dot.net right?

String.TrimEnd Method (System) | Microsoft Docs

1 Like