Exporting Roon playlist to Qobuz not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Intel® Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Roon Build 764

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Vodafone Hub / TP-Link Home Mesh / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Audioengine D1 DAC on PC, connected via USB
Source: Qobuz-only music (no other subscription, iTunes or music on hard drive)

Description Of Issue

Bottom line issue: Roon > Soundizz > Qobuz playlist transfer cannot find c.60% of tracks (which is odd given the tracks are all sourced from Qobuz in the first place)
Why this is important: I want to enjoy my music offline in the car and whilst on holiday
What is needed: Ability to transfer or copy Roon playlists to Qobuz playlists order to also enjoy my Roon library offline / when not at home (via Qobuz app on iPhone, which works with vehicles’ in-car entertainment system). Some users manually keep duplicate playlists in both Roon and Qobuz, which means double-handling, essentially finding every song in the Roon library in Qobuz again. Hugely time-consuming and surely unnecessary.

Detailed notes:
I listen to music at home via Roon, and to offline music stored on Qobuz iPhone app (the latter either in my car or whilst on holiday, mainly because Roon does not support offline listening).

I use playlists (holding favourite tracks) rather than downloading full albums. Unfortunately, there is no way to fully and easily replicate my Roon playlists to Qobuz. It appears integration is one-directional from Qobuz to Roon, but not in reverse.

The problem: After creating the playlists in Roon, I’ve exported them to Qobuz via Soundizz per your suggestion. Unfortunately, of the 200 tracks, only 40% were successfully transferred to Qobuz by Soundizz. Soundizz said it could not find 60% on Qobuz, which is ironic since it was the source of the music in the first place.

They key question perhaps is perhaps “Who should own this issue?” - Roon, Soundizz or Qobuz…

Thanks for any help or advice!

Hey @johan,

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share the context you’re in and what you’re trying to achieve. I’d like to start by apologizing for how long it took us to get back to you… :pleading_face:

It looks like you’re familiar to the Qobuz integration with Roon and the fact that Roon playlists are synced in Qobuz. I can see how this can prove very inconveninent, especially when trying to use Roon on the go.

You might also know that this feature is on our roadmap - I wish I had a set timeline to share:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/mobile-music-sync-and-streaming-on-roadmap/15249/38

While I have a hard time guessing why Soundizz couldn’t find most matches for your playlist, I wanted to clarify: did you use the export function in Roon to get your Playlists?

Thanks in advance :pray:

1 Like

Hi @beka

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can confirm I used the Roon export function by selecting all the songs and then 3 dots to export (see below…). As you allude to, it is indeed very strange that one cannot replicate the full Roon playlists on the source (in my case, Qobuz, which is the source for all songs) in order to listen to playlists “on the go” via a mobile device.

One shouldn’t have to rely on a third party app such as Soundizz, really.

Anyway, it looks you have it on the roadmap, so just a matter of time.

Kind regards,
Johan

Hey @johan,

You’re very welcome - I’m so glad you spelled out your situation exactly. I believe we might have just discovered why not all tracks in your playlist are exported: even if they are all from Qobuz and all added to your playlist, Roon will only export the tracks that are also in your Roon library:

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/what-s-the-difference-between-albums-in-my-library-and-albums-outside-of-my-library

For example, if a track was added to the playlist and only afterwards added to your library, it won’t be exported. Adding a track to the playlist must happen after being added to your Roon library to be exported.

Could you please check? :pray:

Hi @beka,

I have actually created the playlist from my Roon Library and have previously seen the help topic you linked.

The way I did that was to select all “5 star” tracks via Focus and then to create a Roon Playlist of those. I trust that’s the right / best way to do it.

Not to worry about this right now - as you said, it’s on the list of developments.
Much appreciated!

1 Like