Expression of Gratitude

In a world of negativity, complaining and “woe is me”; I want to thank the Roon team for developing a wonderful product. Thank you for enhancing my listening experience, that I take very seriously. Thank you for pushing the envelope in introducing me to music I would never have been exposed to in my life time. Thank you for the updates and your pursuit to making the Roon experience better than the last update. I really appreciate it!
Sam

86 Likes

I agree. Well done Roon team.

3 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

Roon has transformed my listening experience. And I just love it. And thankfully, unlike a lot of contributors to this forum, Roon has performed flawlessly for me over the last 2+ years.

Roon, in combination with my SACD spinner and my turntable have brought me such joy. And they will continue to bring me joy for many years to come, hopefully.

I’ve been a member of this forum for a while now. I’ve learnt a lot about Roon, and I’ve hopefully contributed positively to the forum. But the negativity found in some posts is starting to become ‘grating’, and is distracting me from the whole point of this pastime: The passion to be found in music.

I think I’ll be taking a break from here for a while.

Good luck to everyone, and ‘Adios’ :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

I agree, thanks to all the roon team for re introducing me to my love of music

Fully agree with this posts. I also already learned a lot here (in a short time), and not only about Roon.
Taking a break is a pity!
LD

1 Like

Agreed! With every update Roon becomes a stronger tool in the presentation of listening to music. I’m just not understanding the negativity. Roon presents music seamlessly and that has added to my pleasure of listening. Thank you Roon and thank you to the Roon community that’s supports this exceptional experience.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone at Roon: a great experience indeed. You’ve really been helping me getting the best out of my system and out of my streaming services subscriptions. Thank you and keep it up!

2 Likes

Well said by OP. I am firmly on side with team Gratitude. Cheers!

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you for underscoring the positive. Roon is a wonderful product.

3 Likes

I too would say the same. However For one major reason I have to rain on this parade!
As a blind computer user and programmer, Roon is one of the very few software programs I have come across that is totally inaccessible to screen reader users like myself
If I want to enjoy this program I literally have to rely on a sighted person to navigate/operate it for me!
Even the installation cannot be completed without sighted help something I have not come across since the late 90’s!
This in accessibility of the software seems to be a poor decision taken at the time of development rather than just happen stance

There are a number of similar posts/threads scattered throughout the highly moderated forum and Roons deafening silence on the matter is extremely disappointing and speaks volumes for what is otherwise an excellent product.

Old arguments such as Roon only has a small development team don’t stack up as literally there thousands of other products out there with even smaller development teams that are totally accessible and these days making an application accessible is vastly easier than what it used to be. In many cases it’s just a case of using the accessibility tools already baked in to development tools and good coding practice. So Roon has no excuse!

Come on Roon, after all it is 2021 and not 1021

12 Likes

Hear hear, OP! Add me to the list of appreciative fans of Roon.

1 Like

It’s great to see this post centered on positive feelings about Roon. I absolutely love the product, especially how the tight integration with Tidal it has made it so easy to find great new stuff. I also appreciate that the Roon Team continues to find ways to significantly improve the product. Keep up the great work, Roon Team, and thanks.

2 Likes

Well said! I hope you soon find a helpful update. Cheers!

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Well done Roon team!!!

1 Like

Couldn’t figure out how to start a new post :grinning: . . . So I’ll piggy-back on this one. Running several end-points, including one in my office, which is about 50 yards from the house. (I had an Ethernet line laid in conduit underground.) Roon’s a great product, and it’s so nice not to have to carry a handful of CDs back and forth. So nice, I just converted to a life-time subscription.

Thanks Roon!

1 Like

100%! Eternal thanks to Roon and a team behind it for completely changing the way I gravitate towards the music! It is ‘before and after’ experience for certain.

3 Likes

That’s right, thanks to the Roon team for all you do, and for giving voice to my passion. Y’all rock!

2 Likes

roon Team, thanks for a wonderful product!

2 Likes