External DACs locked into single sample rate on iOS18 beta [Investigating]

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble with Roon ARC

What best describes your issue with ARC

· Other

Describe the issue

The iOS18 beta has issues where external DACS are locked into a single sample rate

Describe your network setup

Ethernet Connected to my Server (2022 Mac Mini Running roon server on MacOS), Fiber Optic Networking into my house, Cat 5&6 cables between the fiber and the Mac

Hi @Reuben_Grote,

Thank you for the report. We’ll escalate to our QA team to make sure they’re aware. At your convenience, please also share a screenshot of Signal Path when playing any content source under these conditions. Thanks!

Both Show me playing a 24/192 kHz File going into the Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt. The first image shows Max PCM Rate Set for upsampling, the second shows the “for compatibility only” setting as well as what happens when Power of 2 is enabled.

Do note that between uses, the sample rate will change between 44.1 kHz & 96 kHz randomly when plugged in, and will not change in use, and rarely change between connection & disconnection

Hi @Reuben_Grote,

Thank you for the follow-up. QA has a ticket in the pipeline to investigate and correct this behavior - we’ll post here when it’s made its way to an Early Access release.