External Hard Drive

Have intel nuc with Rock.Every time the nuc is powered down my hard drive is not seen on startup.Have to remove and re enable ?

I’ve moved your post into the Support category, where it will be seen, and responded to, by the Support team.

Hi @Outlaw,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

What kind of USB drive is this? How is it formatted? Do you see similar behavior with other USB devices or just this one?

Intel Nuc i5 using Roon Rock.Music is on external hard drive.SSD is a Samsung evo pro 500gb.Ssd is in a Nexstar Mx case.Drive is formated in Fat32.Hard drive is connected to the nuc usb 3.0.

Anybody ???

Are you using its power adapter or just plugged into the USB port?

using power adapter

Was asking after noticing a comment they had in their FAQ page about USB vs adapter powered issues.

Hi @Outlaw,

I’ve opened up a ticket with our team to investigate this further, but we don’t have this exact case in-house, so it’s hard to say if we will be able to reproduce if this is device-specific.

One thing to test here is to try out another USB storage device with ROCK and see if the same behavior occurs. This will allow us to determine if it’s limited to this case or if there is something else occurring here.

I emailed their (the makers of the Nexstar MX Case) tech support.
In response, “…we are not sure about Linux. Our specification is for Windows and OS X only”. They went on to suggest that maybe there are Linux commands/programs to run to engage the USB again.

But that is not an option with ROCK. Maybe Dylan can provide some feedback, otherwise, they suggest “… to unplug and replug the MX again for the system to see it.”

I have always used WD external drives. Enclosures that have their own RAID/BIOS/FIRMWare, attention needs to be paid as to what OS’s the manufacturer has tested and verified to work.

Okay Thanks,Hooked it to my PC that I’m using with HQPlayer Embedded which is Linux based and has no issues.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.