External Seagate usb hard drive suddenly can’t be opened because I don’t have permission

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac (10.15.7)/Nucleus/1.7(610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Google nest/Nucleus hooked dumb switch from router with Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Remote is the iMac/Ethernet connection with WiFi streaming to various devices

Description Of Issue

Suddenly can’t access the hard drive. Get a message I don’t have permission. When I plugged the drive straight into the computer, no problems. I’ve had the drive plugged into the Nucleus ever since I got the Nucleus.

Have you formatted the drive as EX-FAT?

Hi @Zoren,

Is there any change in behavior if you try to reboot your Nucleus? Can you please share a screenshot of the error? How is the drive formatted?

Formatted NTFS, absolutely no problems until a couple of days ago. Rebooting Nucleus has no effect.

Hi @Zoren,

If you try to plug in another USB drive, does it have the same issue or does it only affect the current drive? Is there any change in behavior if you try to use the other USB port?

Noris,
I don’t know what happened, but when I went to look at the drive again a few minutes ago, the lock icon turned off right in front of me.

I’ll let you know if it happens again.
Thanks for your help once again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.