External source controls no longer show after version 1.8 upgrade [Resolved with Build 763]

Just reading this I don’t think this is the issue I raised and has been reproduced. That is only a problem with extensions that use multiple external source controls.

It may be helpful to provide more details on what you are observing.

Rebooting certainly has no effect on the above.

I do hope it can be sorted out for you and doesn’t require extensive work before you get back the functionality you need.

1 Like

Thanks I will findtime to report this more fully with screen shots and specs. Currently I can’t play anymore.
13 meetings tomorrow- need to focus to give some more detailed feedback. Meant to be listening to music to relax. Ho hum - at least the turntable is unaffected

I am experiencing the same problem but I am using a single external source control in the audio device.

Thanks - I see that you are using the Deep Harmony extension. That uses a similar approach to the code that has given me issues and I think allows multiple source controls to be attached to an output (I don’t have their source code to look at). I’ve not seen anyone else reporting with this extension - which has surprised me. Anything unusual in the way you have it set up? Anyone else using Deep Harmony having a problem?

Roon team - any update on progress with this?

This has been resolved with the release of build 763.

Thank you for the prompt response.

1 Like

This has only been resolved for Windows . When I use android or IOS the problem remains - but they have not updated to the same build - I assume these will this be corrected with updates to these interfaces too when available from respective app stores?

Now confirmed available and working.

Thanks again.

1 Like

It works now :+1:
Tested on iPhone, iPad, Windows and Android (apk version).
Core and all clients need to be updated to the latest version (build 763)

Thank you Roon team

1 Like

Hello All,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we released Roon 1.8 / Build 763, which includes some improvements that we believe should help here. Please give the update a try and let us know if it helps!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
Roon Support

Thank you. This has fixed the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.