External SSD not recognized

Just got new SanDisk 4TB Extreme Portable SSD #SDSSDE61-4T00-G25 with >1Tb for music folders added… and my NUC (Intel i7 NUC (NUC8i7BEH)) won’t recognize it. AT the Add Folder menu; nothing shows. I was connected with USB-C and also tried the USB adapter into the Powered USB (orange) as it have more juice, I believe.
SSD is formatted NTFS which is supposed to work.
I believe internal SSD need to be connected but external drives should NOT. Suggestions?

Hi Glenn, I assume you’re using Windows? Which version? Does the disc show in File Explorer?

The USB-C connector on a NUC is non-functional with Roon OS; only the USB-A connectors are functional.

I don’t know why it’s not seen when connected to one of the USB-A connectors… Can you try reformatting it as exFAT (using Windows) and see if that works?

1 Like

I made the mistake of implementing Write Protection from Sandisk. Since I can’t unlock to access NUC, I need to contact them to get it off. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.