External USB Keyboard Not Working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iPad Pro 11”
iOS version 13.3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Direct headphones from iPad Pro

Description Of Issue

I’m using a Brydge USB keyboard which works fine with all other iOS apps, but is not recognized at all by Roon version 1.7 Build 505.

Brydge keyboards for iOS iPad Pros are high quality (& expensive) keyboards.

Here is a link to this product: https://www.brydge.com/products/brydge-for-ipad-pro-2018?variant=21374999167081

Thanks for your assistance.

Bill J.

Hi @Bill_J,

If you use Bluetooth to connect instead of USB is there any change?

Sorry, my bad. This is a Bluetooth connection and not USB.

Bill

Thanks for confirming, @Bill_J. I’m going to run this by the team and see if this is expected — We don’t test Roon on iPads with external keyboards, so this may be a limitation I am not aware of, but I will confirm with the team.

To clarify the issue, when you click into a text field you try typing but nothing happens? There’s no crashing or errors or anything?

Hello Dylan

Just to be clear the keyboard is attached, but is running purely as a Bluetooth device. (See URL above). Yet none of Roon’s shortcut keys work with it. Roon is the only application (I run many different types of applications) that does not respond any keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi @Bill_J — If you click into a search field and start typing on the keyboard does that work? Is it just shortcuts that aren’t working or is it not registering input at all?

Yes, it does work for me to type in search criteria. It appears to just be the keyboard shortcuts that are not working. But I’d sure like to use these …

Thanks

Hello, just checking if anyone in your support team has done anything more with the above issue?

Thanks

Hi @Bill_J — Apologies for the delay here. I’ve opened up a ticket with our team regarding this and I’ll be sure to let you know when there is more information here.

Thanks!

Hello Dylan. Any more word on a resolution for this issue? Thanks Bill.

Hi @Bill_J,

We got hardware to test this issue in-house and have confirmed the problem. We’ve opened up a ticket with our development team about this, but I can’t provide any specific timelines regarding when a change would be made available here. We’ll be sure to keep you updated once we know more!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.