Facing problem with Roon while connect to Chord Mojo(Poly)

My Setup:

My Network:
PC connected with Orbi and all devices are connected to the same network via wire or wifi

Chord Mojo connected with Poly

I used to play my music collection through room core and connect it to chord and play in my speaker system. However, I am facing the issue in recent days, unable to see Roon library in my iOS app in apple devices and also unable to connect to Chord Mojo and application crashes as soon as i try enable chord.

After this step, I get an error - “Device Initiation failed” and Roon Core crashes thereafter.

Tried, reinstalling Roon - but the issue is not fixed. Need help to fix this.

Have you turned off the firewall in windows to troubleshoot.

Windows updates frequently break things.

Hi @Giriraj_Kumar,

Were there any changes to your setup around the time that this started occurring? Maybe a Windows update?

What happens when you try to connect from the iOS app? Is the Core seen at all?

Tried…but it is not solving the issue.

Not sure about windows update affecting Roon. Yes…iOS app is unable to see Roon Core.

My windows update details:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Why_can’t_Roon_Remote_Connect%3F Might be worth checking

Hi @Giriraj_Kumar,

Can you please use these instructions to access your Roon logs following a crash and send me a copy? I would like to see if there are further clues contained there, thanks!

Hello @Giriraj_Kumar,

Just a quick comment from a fellow Rooner with a Poly-Mojo combination. I see that your screenshot shows ‘ASIO Chord 1.05’, directly connected to your PC - is that the Audio device you are trying to enable?

If so, that doesn’t strike me as the Poly-Mojo combo you mention, which should be visible separately as a Roon Ready device and automatically recognised as such, if it is in the same network and configured via the GoFigure app in Roon mode.

But maybe I am misinterpreting what you are trying to achieve, in which case support will surely sort you out!

1 Like

Hello All,

Finally the issue is fixed now. The issue was related to firewall which was blocking mojo-poly connecting to my home wifi network. As soon as I enable the wifi acces, mojo-poly appeared as roon ready device, everything back to normal…

Thank you very much for all your help!!

1 Like

Hi @Giriraj_Kumar,

Thanks for letting us know that the issue is resolved since tweaking the firewall!
Happy listening :headphones:!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.