Failed Installation

Just subscribed. Received Roon could not find WGL functions…error. I checked both Win 10 and intel chipset driver updates and I’m up to date with the latest. Runniing on Intel Atom CPU2800 1.86GHz.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Downloaded Roon today. Win 10 Pro version 1903 os build 18362.592

Hi @Stuart_Grossman,

Can you share a screenshot of the error you’re receiving?

Can you provide some additional details about your Core machine? What GPU is it running?

hi dylan. I’m severely challenged! error says Roon could not find WGL functions required to initialize OpenGL. It is likely that the proper drivers for your display hardware are not installed Up-to-date drivvers should be avail from the website of your computer or GPU manufacturer.

I’ve searched device manager from top to bottom and can’t find gpu. I’m thinking I’m not gonna make it till the end of the trial!

Hi @Stuart_Grossman,

Roon requires OpenGL 3.0 support in order to run, and whether or not this machine supports OpenGL 3.0 will depend on the GPU. You can generally find this information in Device Manager as seen below;

I also want to point out that this machine doesn’t quite meet our requirements for the CPU either. This won’t necessarily stop you from using Roon, but you might experience issues with larger databases, playback to multiple zones, or resource intensive DSP functions.

Ha! Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. This server was built a few years ago from Computeraudiophile specs. Thanks for the assistance Dylan. Looks like I’m going to cancel and try again when I have more capable hardware and upgrade my current JRiver to the latest…

I do find it ironic that my point of failure on an audio app appears to be a graphics capability. I like irony,

Hi @Stuart_Grossman,

You might try installing RoonServer, which does not have a GUI. You can then use other devices that do meet our requirements, like an iOS or Android device, for control.

Depending on the size of your library and the kind of functionality you’re looking to have you might still run into issues due to the power available on the Core, but while you have the trial it may be worth giving this a go!

If you have any questions please let us know.

A post was split to a new topic: OpenGL error when opening Roon