Failure to load cover art

In the search function when I add an album it takes a long time then reverts back to add album. When I click again it adds the album without cover art. I noticed a turning wheel in the top right of the screen next to the bookmark symbol so I clicked on the wheel and got a message saying "Metadata improver halted "and needs a software update. I’ve never heard of “Metadata Improver”. I’m running 1.7 build 528. When I try to edit the album I still can’t get the cover. Have I been hacked? I rebooted the core twice but no help.

Hi @KenS,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Would you also kindly do the following:

1. Reboot the Core machine
  2. Launch Roon
  3. Open the error message and let us know what time you do so
  4. Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

We’ll get this to the team so they can take a look.

Thanks!

I’m using a Comcast modem and Nighthawk triband router with one band dedicated to a Sonic Transporter i5. which is on the LAN. I have a Lumin U1 Mini connected to the LAN streaming to a Berkeley DAC. I have about 9000 tracks and I’m streaming both Tidal and Qobuz. I’ve rebooted the ST i5 three times. Roon seems to launch automatically when I do that.
I am able to get the album artwork by going to “identify album” and saving it. The wheel next to the bookmark symbol turns all the time.

It’s fixed! I notice in the logs you were working last night. Just curious, what did you find?

Hi @KenS,

The behavior has subsided on your end? I am not aware of any changes on our end which could have impacted you here. I have heard anecdotally from other users that a reboot of SonicTransporter via the WebUI resolved this behavior for them, did you by any chance try this and afterwards the behavior was fixed?

Yes, everything works fine now. i did reboot the STi5 several times but no joy. The next morning album artwork appeared normally. No idea why or what happened.

Hi @KenS,

Thanks for letting me know the issue is resolved. If it re-occurs (hopefully it won’t), do let us know and we can take a closer look.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.