Failures when streaming to Sonos over Sonos Streaming. Also, backup not working

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10
Pro Desktop i5 @3.20Ghz 4GB RAM.
Roon version 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Eero Pro - stereo pair of Sonos is hardwired into a unmanaged switch. Single Sonos is hardwired into Eero Pro puck

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos ONE SL. One single and two set as a stereo pair

Description Of Issue

Two current issues. I can stream flawlessly over airplay to the Sonos devices. When choosing the same speakers via Sonos streaming it works for a short while then crashes “Unexpected error communicating with audio device” “Too many failures. Stopping playback”. Restarting Core rectifies it for a short while but it’ll crash again after a time.

Also, backups are not working either locally or to DropBox. I do have Backblaze and Veam on the machine but even with these disabled it’ll stop whilst it’s preparing.

Hi @kentishman,

Welcome to the forum!

How is the Windows 10 Core connected to the network? Is it connected over WiFi or connected to the switch?

If it’s currently on WiFi, can you try temporarily connecting the Core to the switch and verify if the stereo pair works as expected?

What happens if you ungroup the stereo pair and play to each Sonos zone individually, do you still notice the same error?

I went the nuclear option and made some changes. Updated to 64bit Win 10 and added as much memory as the board could handle. So far so good.

1 Like

Thanks for the update here @kentishman! If you run into further issues, please do let us know and we can take a look!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.