· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

·

Describe the issue

on my desktop, I can use English and Chinese(Traditional) for searching,
but japanese always search nothing
(can only search japanese music if I only type the chinese part of the music name if it has)

but if I insert any japanese word more than two word,searching will fail(become search nothing)

For example, If I search with a full music name with <ハナノイロ> , it will search nothing , < ハナノ> will fail too , but < ハナ> is ok.

But sometimes it will comes with many close result if the word is regularly used,it will becomes inconvenient

But If I give it a full name tag, it will work with any length of jp word ,

I've trying change the Roon language to jp,
add japanese language to my typing language,
none of these work.

Describe your network setup

I'm using Metric router of my country's network company, but for now I only use Roon to play HQplayer with my local file, doesn't use
streaming for now.

Hi @garyisman32,

Thank you for your post. This is a document issue with multibyte character search in Roon - our team is investigating. I’ll merge your post into the tracking thread momentarily.

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· Other

Describe the issue

Roon isn't able to search more than 2 Chinese characters / Kanji

Recently I noticed that Roon wasn't able to search Chinese with 3 or more characters.
It can filter as many Chinese Characters but every time I search 3 or more characters in Chinese, it gives me "No results found".

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· Other

Describe the issue

When searching for songs in the roon app, I am not able to find the songs that I'm looking for. However, they do show up when I search on KKBOX app directly. I suspect that this is due to roon searching directly for the characters that I have inputted into the search. However, KKBOX has certain songs listed with traditional Chinese characters, as opposed to the simplified characters that I have inputted. These characters are written differently, but are essentially exactly the same in terms of usage/pronunciation/etc.

n/a

Hi @Daniel_LF,

Thank you for the report. We’ve merged your post with the tracking thread so you can receive updates on the progress of our investigation into this issue. From my understanding, there’s ongoing work to refine multibyte character handling in Roon search. Keep an eye on this thread and we’ll post updates of the current status.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

The team has a fix for this issue in the pipeline. Please stand by and we’ll post here once it’s released to the public build. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

I recently noticed that the same is true for song names of a certain length that are not hit by the multibyte search, so I hope this will be fixed as well.