Farad Super 3 LPS

Has anyone here had any experience with with of these? Only read a few reviews and all being very positive, however any user experience here would be grateful.

I currently use an Sotm sps-500

1 Like

Are you not liking the sotm? I just ordered the sps-500 and 200ultra neo; due to be delivered tomorrow.

I was also looking at the farad super 3 for my NUC but am debating if it is really necessary, considering my NUC will be in another room as Roon/hqplayer core and not directly connected to my dac.

Using the FARAD instead of the sps-500 with just my switch is a massive improvement. I wasn’t Expecting that tbh.

I will be putting my sps-500 for sale now

I just got an email reply from Farad. The super3 is underpowered for the nuc8i7. They’re working on a new lps to cater for the higher demand nucs. Guess I will be considering other options for my NUC then.

Oh ok. I just needed a 9v one for my Sotm switch. It’s really had quite a positive impact on SQ for me.

Live with your 500 for a while then try a FARAD. I was quite surprised

Consider keeping your sps500? In case u ever decide to get something like an EtherRegen, or other sotm products?

I was thinking that, but knowing how much of an improvement the FARAD is, I would purchase another FARAD in a heartbeat

1 Like

Just managed to set up my Super3. Was waiting on a Gotham cable from GhentAudio. Out of the box, I think there is an improvement in that it seems like I’m getting more bass and mid bass. Also mids seem more forward than usual. Hooked it up to an SOtM SMS-200 Ultra. Am contemplating another Super3 for the txusbultra. My snh-10g is being powered by a Keces P8.

Farad Super3 seems like a nice little unit. Case feels barely warm. Most of the heat is on the heatsink on the back of the unit. My keces P3 and p8 run much hotter.

2 Likes

I found that the Soundstage opened right up and detail improved when adding to the Switch. Glad you like it.

1 Like

Anyone tried the level 2 silver dc cable upgrade from Farad?

I’ve tried both. I didn’t like the DC 2 silver in my set up. I bought the DC 2 copper instead. For me, the silver sucked the life out of the music. I’ve heard that some people prefer it though

2 Likes

The sps500 is up for sale now

Oh thanks man. U have saved me some coin!

It might be worth trying both then sending back the one you don’t like. You might find you prefer the silver over copper as some people do.

1 Like

I decided to bite the bullet and try the level 2 silver dc cable. Ok I’m pretty amazed at the audible improvement over the Gotham dc cable I got from Ghent Audio…

I have two signature silver dc cables on the way from audiosensibility, and can’t wait to see what these will bring to the table.

I have 4 devices powered by super 3s, so need one more cable. Likely will set it up as Audiosensibility cables to sotm streamer and switch, and farad level 2 cables to EtherRegen and su-6 ddc.

Fun times ahead!

1 Like

Cool.

Personally I didnt get on with the Silver cable. Although derailed, it stripped the life out of the music. The DC2 Copper hit the spot, but then we all have different systems and it all about synergy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most definitely agree about system synergy. I had one set of cables which worked great in my headphone setup but really threw off the sound in my bedroom setup.

Im just really surprised at what a short length of dc cable can do!

Looking forward for your views. Unsure if I will upgrade my dc2 silver Farad with the audio sensibility silver cables. I say this because I don’t feel so much difference between the silver and the copper ones. However the diference was noticeable when on another set up( LPS1.2) I move from a Cardas copper cable to a audio sensibility silver cable. Regards, Jorge

1 Like

Ooh Ok, Roasty,
I have bought de farad17 oktober.
Only I have not read about this :partying_face:
I use a nuc i7beh with the Farad Super3 Power Supply.(upgrade the fuse and cables)
It plays so beautiful :notes: it’s amazing wow!
Kind regards,
Ben :wink:

I was using the Farad L2 silver dc cable and changed to the Audiosensibility signature silver cable yesterday.

Sounds a little grainy and constrained up top and maybe a bit less bass and less low end extension right now. I emailed them to ask, and suggested running in for about 7 days.

Will see how it goes. There is a 30 day return option if it doesn’t go as planned.

Right now I have the following:
Farad L2 to Uptone ER
Audiosensibility Signature to sMS-200Ultra Neo and another Signature to Snh10g switch
Ghent Gotham to singxer su-6

Ordered one more farad L2 for the su-6. Will do some comparing to the sms-200ultra before deciding if I have to return the Audiosensibility cables and get more farad L2s.

2 Likes