Farad Super 3 LPS

Tks for your views.
My current configuration:

Router< RJ45 >oM Buffalo 2016 Zen MKIII oM eR uR iR DAC

The sound is absolutely fantastic, using 2x Farad, 2x LPS 1.2 and 2x sBoosters + ultra.

Cheers,

Jorge

Iā€™m thinking of getting the Farad Super 3 for my Mytek Brooklyn Bridge - has anyone had any experience with this set up?

Any major conclusions?
Tks
Jorge

I sent the Audiosensibility cables back.
Preferred the Farad L2 silver with the sotm streamer, so ended up ordering more from the local Farad dealer for my other components. The highs were more pleasant and overall a fuller and richer sound.

1 Like

Tks Roasty! A final question. Did you order your Farad with the Rhodium plug and the SR fuse?
Best, Jorge

Yep I got the Farad Super 3 fully loaded.

1 Like

Although the Farad3 will work for NUC8I7BEH, I was told by the owner that a much more power unit would be coming out in January " we will be selling the Super10-19 early next year, it is 10A at 19V" and it will cost $1299 Euros. Only 1 output though. I cant wait to see it.

Thatā€™s good news, :+1:
I use the farad super 3 a couple of months on my nuc7beh now . and it plays beautiful :notes:
No problems with heat or so.
Have buy jvg gold silver cables for the power supply, and I have the nuci7beh bold in a akasa case.
As there come a new better farad than we go try it :violin:

Just got the new Ferrum Hypsus (https://ferrum.audio/hypsos/) - released last month, first product (I think) that combines linear and switching power, with super friendly user controls for Voltage fine-tuning. And it can work with almost all sources with wide spectrum of supported Volt/Amp/Watt combos and automatic or manual settings

I can report a very low noise floor, and still collecting my impressions, but so far so good.

Itā€™s housed in same box size of Brooklyn Bridge, since the parent company HEM is also the Mytek OEM

2 Likes

I dont hear anything of change connecting a Farad 3 to the Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe itā€™s my ears. But really nothing. Iā€™ve tested on high end speakers and headphones.

Can only hear difference in different headphones and different speakers. Must be meā€¦

What do you think of the Keces P3 compared to the Farad Super3? Keces is about 40% cheaper than the Farad.

I the Farad LPS likely to improve sound, if I run my nucleus through my router and dont directly connect the Nucleus to my DAC?

Hi Bill,

I have been using a Farad super 3 for a couple of months now to power my Silent Angel Rhein Z1 Roon core/streamer.

This turned out to be a stunning upgrade. The whole digital chain has become more clean and clear.
Even in other rooms.

Mind you, maximum results are achieved if you take some good care of your general power setup. I do not mean ultra bla, bla solutions costing the same as a new car, but some affordable filtering and beter than provided power leads.

The Farad performs about the same as huge battery setups, and is also one of the most compact AC/DC linear power supplies on the market. It beats virtually all of them.

Farad is produced by the same people that are behind Pink Faun (ultra) high end equipment.
Since they are a Dutch company I recently rang the owner to ask for some advice on upgrades.
Great guy who took time to talk to ā€˜an end userā€™.

I do recommend this device!

4 Likes

Yes it will! See my reply to Bill.

Did others also compare to Hypsos Ferrum?

Nice to get a reply. I have emailed them 4-5 times with no reply.

What about something like this: Gzlozone 2020 Latest Dc Audio Linear Power Supply (smart Version) 5-20v @ 4a With Overpressure Protection Led Display - Home Theater Amplifiers - AliExpress
1uv noise across the audible band, what more could you wantā€¦

For my dacmagic plus I consider the Farad a bit over the top (pricewise) so I ordered a custom LPS from MCRU (mcru.co.uk). About half the price compared to a basic Farad.

Regrettably I have no user listening notes yetā€¦it is still lingering in Dutch customes clearance.

Why, oh why did Britain need to leave the EU. ;-(

1 Like

There are two new products coming up:
Super10 and Super6 - exciting!

Link for that information?