Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Optical Fibre

Connected Audio Devices

StOM

Number of Tracks in Library

Over 100,000

Description of Issue

My HiFi shop helped to migrate my huge library from StOM to Roon Nucleus Core. Unfortunately, they also copied from my backup External Hard disk to the Core. This created more than 50,000 duplicated tracks. Is there a quicker way to find all the duplicated tracks and eliminate them with one click?

It would help to know the folder organization on the disk. If they copied the backup disk into a separate folder, it is easiest to delete the folder. (And after that clean up the library from Roon > Settings > Library)

If they copied it such that every album folder contains each track twice, deleting the duplicates in Roon may be a chore (unless someone else has a good idea). I would probably look for some software solution to identify and delete the duplicate tracks on the disk. Pretty sure such things exist, but depends on your computer skills. (E.g. for Windows: 22 Best Free Duplicate File Finders & Removers For Windows 10, 8, 7 In 2023) Failing that, it may be easiest to delete everything and start again (and if you paid them for it, they should do it correctly)

1 Like

Any Apps for identifying duplicate and delete tool you can recommend?

Yate is a Mac app that has batch duplication identification. An excellent tagger too.

Could not find YATE in App Store?

There are many applications for macOS that are not in the App Store.

https://2manyrobots.com/yate/

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.