Fatal Error at launch

Downloaded 1.7 and attempted to launch however, I received a fatal error message and everything stops

Post in the support area and fill in the system information.

How in the world do you navigate this thing? I followed the steps and tried to post and the information has been lost.

Continuing the discussion from Fatal Error at launch:

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 7 Roon 1.7 build 500

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi / Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Computer to Bluesound Node 2i to ADI 2 DAC

Description Of Issue

Downloaded Roon 1.7 and attempted to launch. Received Fatal Error message and program stops at that point,

Could not compile valalpha shader: Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors: Declaration must include a precision qualifier of the default precision must have been previously declared

Hi @Carl_Alexander,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link so the team can take a look?

Thanks!

Hi @Carl_Alexander,

Thanks for sending those over. I reviewed with the team, and we’re seeing that there are errors relating to the GPU’s ability to render Roon properly.

Can you confirm the model of GPU you’re using? Does it support OpenGL 3.0?

The first thing I’d recommend trying here, assuming that OpenGL 3.0 is supported, is updating the graphics drivers and seeing if that helps.

Hi,
My computer uses and AMD M880G with ATI mobility Radeon HD 4200.

I’m not sure how well AMD supports OpenGL. Furthermore, don’t know how to change a GPU. Any work around?

Hi @Carl_Alexander,

Can you try updating the graphics drivers? It looks like you can find the drivers for this GPU here.