“Fatal Error - Could not create required lock file” - cannot open Roon to setup Mac

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini (late 2014)(2.6GHz i5) running macOS Mojave v10.14.6. Cannot open Roon for build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Moot. Not able to open program to set anything up yet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Will be using USB out of Mac Mini to DAC

Description Of Issue
I just installed a new SSD on my friend’s Mac Mini (late 2014)(2.6GHz i5) running macOS Mojave v10.14.6. We downloaded and installed Roon for the Mac and always get the “Fatal Error - Could not create required lock file” message when trying to start the program every time. Cannot get the program to start to set anything else up.

I’ve set the hard drives permissions to read/write and applied to all folders, tried all kinds of recommended commands through terminal, booted into recovery mode and found no errors through the disk utility, reinstalled Roon, and probably several things I can’t remember… Pretty much went through all related posts no without success. Over 3 hours of frustration. Help

Was this the OS drive and did you use a cloning tool to migrate from one drive to another?

Have you enabled “full disk access” for Roon?

Yes it’s the OS drive. I used Intego Personal Backup to create a “bootable backup” clone. I’m finding now I’m even up unable to update the operating system. Not a good sign

And yes, I gave Roon full access

Update: ended up wiping the drive and reinstalling OS. Roon installed seamlessly. All is golden!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.