Fatal Error under Roon 1.7 " can not see chosen pixelformat " Win 7Pro

Windows 7 Pro

Lenovo T540p Laptop
Graphic card shown under device manager is: NVIDIA GeForce GT730M (decidedly) INTEL HD graphic (CPU). All drivers are curent versions.

Roon Core and Server - FritzBox7490 router- Allo USB Bridge - Singxer SU1 - Audio GD DAC all connected via LAN and USB cables.

Description Of Issue
I have followed the roon update recommandation message and after clicking the link to it (there was any specific YES or NO for starting updating to 1.7) the update must have started automatically.

Than Roon crashed and now it dosen´d start and shows: Can not see chosen PixelfFormat. Chosen PixelFormat was 0. instead?

Are there any solving solution ?

Hi @Felix_A — Sorry for the trouble here.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

In the meantime, can you try updating the graphics drivers and let us know if that helps?

Hi Dylan, thx for your reply.
My graphics are updatetd, as already mentioned in my report.

Don´t have any clue how you like implemt diagnostic for reports if the roon - core here do not start and only shows the fatal error ( see prvious screenshot) ??

TO KEEP YOU UPDATED:
Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled roon from/in my system.

The weirdest thing is that roon is to be seen in the system control (where you uninstal and repair programs) but do not show up under : computer/programms/programmsx86

Unfortunatly the fatal error still remains and roon is not able to start , only showing the anecdotes…

Hi @Felix_A,

We enabled diagnostics mode for your account which should automatically generate a log report to our servers, but I fear that since Roon is not starting properly in this case, the report can’t be delivered. Let’s do the following here:

Please send us a manual copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to us would be Dropbox / Google Drive.

It looks like you have two display drivers here. If you manually specify one of them for Roon, can you check to see if the behavior is the same for both? I would try specifying the NVIDIA one first and then the Intel one if the issue remains the same.

Thank you!

Hi Noris,
it seem that you haven´t red previous comment?
TO KEEP YOU UPDATED:
Now I have uninstalled and reinstalled roon from/in my system.

The weirdest thing is that roon is to be seen in the system control (where you uninstal and repair programs) but do not show up under : computer/programms/programmsx86

Unfortunatly the fatal error still remains and roon is not able to start , only showing the anecdotes…

This for logfiles under explorer, like %localappdata% can not be detected!
I have deinstall/reinstalled 32/64 bit not one works.

About GPU : Separated GPU specification for Intel and Nvidia, such as globally where tryed…nothing changes.

Start to get dissapointed and spending to much time here. Also I haven´d agreed to do update to 1.7. (as mentioned in my first post)
What to do ? Can you provide the previous version 1.6 ?
Regards

Hi Noris, found log data (by mistake). Hope that this link to drop box helps. You finde all datas in it needed so far

HI @Felix_A,

Thanks for sending those log files over. I took a look through them and I have a few suggestions:

1. Can you confirm you are using the latest .NET framework runtime version on your PC? You can install it from here.

2. Is there any change in behavior if you open Roon with either the integrated or the dedicated GPU? You can do this by using these instructions.

3. Do you know what version of OpenGL your PC is running? You should be able to find this out in DirectX Diagnostics Tool, see instructions here.

Hi

1. installed!
  2. see my previous answer that I have tryed. and I have tryed again, no changes!
  3. please finde more infos about here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/23ye05vb0x18dmw/NVIDIA%20System%20Information%2011-27-2019%2001-22-56.txt?dl=0

OpenGL Protokol: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh4lx5trukmyvrf/OpenGl%20for%20integrated%20Intel%20GPU.JPG?dl=0

Hi @Felix_A,

Thank you for sending that additional information. We have recently released Roon 1.7 build 505 which contain some changes with regard to OpenGL compatability, can you please check to see if the new version behaves the same? Thanks!

Hi Noris,
unfortunatly no changes!
I have reinstalled 1,7 505 64 bit version, shut pc down and up, tryed the GPU setting within…stiil
the “bing” sound occurs after pressing roon desktop icon. pressing second time the overlaey fatal error notice shows up !

Can´t be the only one with this prob!?

Hi @Felix_A,

I just spoke to our technical team and they believe this issue might be occurring due to your color bit-depth setting. Can I please ask that you use this tutorial to switch your bit-depth to 24 or 32 bit color and let me know if it helps? Thanks!

Got it ! bit depth was at 16 bit. After changing to 32 bit, roon starts - what a smal reason. And I can beginn to install and redo all settings again…thst´s the unpleasent part for now!
But some Afro Beat lift me up (Peter King ,African Dialectics)
Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Felix_A,

Glad to hear that since switching the bit-depth that everything works as expected! For the settings, if you have a Backup of your old database, you may want to try to restore it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.