Fatal error while trying to open Roon

HI, trying to open Roon the system responds : “fatal error - could not create required lock file” My core is a Mac Book Air.

I’ve moved your topic to the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen, and responded to, by a member of the Support team (after the weekend).

1 Like

Hi Roberto,

Reviewing previous issues, it seems that one possibility is that there is no write access to /tmp folder.

Take a read of this thread

2 Likes

Hi Daniel, unfortunately i don’t have technical knowledge to solve this item. Should i uninstall the software and download it?

If that is the issue, it is with a setting on your MAC, not Roon. But, redownloading again, uninstalling and then re-installing it would not hurt.

If the issue is with the /tmp folder on your Mac, I think you can use Finder to see the directory and look at the permissions. The folder should be read/write for the user running Roon.

The attached may help.

I am a Windows person, so, the above is about as far as my MacOS knowledge goes. Another user might have more direct information, as might official support. They are off on the weekends and have a bit of a backup on Mondays.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.