Fault: No Audio Devices Found

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core: MAC mini (6 months old) , OS 10.15.4
Remote: iMAC (end 2013), OS 10.15.4

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
WLAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Many :slight_smile:

Description Of Issue

Fault occurs after updating OS to 10.15.4.
Roon runs on MAC mini (core) and iMAC (Remote).
I use iMAC to listen to music.

Roon starts without problems on iMAC. Connection with Roon on core is stable. BUT: On iMAC I see fault message: “No audio device is found”.

Then I open start-window on MAC mini (MAC mini is running all the time) and suddenly the fault message in iMAC is deleted by itself and the Audio devices are listed.

Regards
Uli

Hi @uli,

Can you share some screenshots of what you’re seeing here?

Dear Dylan,

No. 1 shows ROON , Tidal, on iMAC (Remote), directly after start. At the bottom you see “No Audio Devices Found”.

No. 2 shows ROON, main window, on iMAC (Remote), directly after start. At the bottom you see “No Audio Devices Found”.

No. 3 shows that I open a window to use the Mac mini, the window of the iMAC is in background. I do not need to log in the MAC mini. At the bottom, right hand, of the iMAC you see the Audio Device “Teufel Cinebar One”. That occurs in the moment, I open the Mac mini window.

No. 4 shows the iMAC window and everything is fine.

The only change I make is the Update of OS on iMAC and Mac mini. Nothing else. All the hardware is the same since months.

Greetings
Uli

I would like to add one information:

Same issue happens on iPhone or iPad by using the Roon App.
I start Roon App on iPhone/iPad. Roon starts, but no Audio Devices were found. Then I open login window of my core device (Mac mini) on my remote device iMAC and suddenly my iPhone/iPad shows the Audio Devices in the Roon App. I do nor need to login in the iMac neither in Roon (on core=Mac mini).

Hi @uli,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Dear Dylan,

thanks a lot for your engagement.

To give my system a new chance I switch it totally of first. But issue is still there. Here the time schedule.

My Time is Central European Summertime. Means 18:30 in Germany is 12:30 a.m. in New York.

The mentioned issue starts at 19:02.

18:30 switch off Mac mini (core)

18: 30 switch off iMac (remote)

18:33 switch on Mac mini

18:33 switch on iMac

18:35 login iMac

18:36 start Roon on iMac

18:36 Roon on iMac shows message „Remote connection waiting for remote core“. Remark: that is normal after a hard reset. System cant find core automatically.

18:38 open Mac mini window on iMac. Login on Mac mini.

18:39 Open Roon on Mac mini.

18:40 lunch time, wife is waiting.

19:02 Open Roon on iMac

19:02 iMac shows „No Audio Devices Found“.

19:03 Open finder on iMac. Open window of Mac mini. -> Roon is still oben on Mac mini

19:05 Close window of Mac mini

19:05 Roon is still open on iMac. Roon shows all Audio devices.

19:06 Listen to Music (Judas Priest).

Hope that helps/explains.

Kind regards

Uli

Hi @uli,

Thanks! Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi Dylan,

I just started Roon. There was no trouble. I rebooted my iMac to produce the trouble. But again, Roon runs absolutely fine. Maybe you have chance something already?

Before now the trouble was reproduceable.

I want to say THANKS A LOT!!!

Stay healthy!!!

Kind regards
Uli

Hi Dylan,

after several test over the last 2 days I can say that ROON works fine again. No more trouble anymore. I do not know, what you have done. But what I do know is, that solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Stay healthy!

Uli

Hi @uli,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! If you see any issues return please let us know and we’ll be happy to take another look.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.