Favorite Albums Not Showing Tidal[Ticket in]

Hi Mike,

I completely agree. I know I can use main browser and Focus to filter Tidal albums, genres…, and so on. And I actually am using also bookmarks for quick access. Nice feature.

My user mind is really happy with the main browser.

My tech mind values ​​that all systems work and I have a very bad feeling if there are loading errors, fronts that do not work … I prefer that a certain feature remains in tests until it is stable, but once it is in production I want it work, use it more or less. Otherwise I tend to think that in addition to that visible error there may be other invisible that at some point destabilize the system and I do not feel safe using the application. A phobia like any other.

I know several Roon users with not problem with Tidal album browser and several with my same problem. I am sure we all will be very interested in fixing it.

Best regards Mike and thanks for your interest. I´m sure your techs could fix the problem.

Fran

Sure thing. We will take a look and see what we can find.

The hard part is going to be reproducing this so we can look into it – I’m not having any issues here (with more than 1500 album favorites) so there’s something else going on that we need to identify.

We’ll let you know what we find, thanks for the report!

Hi Eric,

Any news about the problem?

My trial subscription finishes in a week and would like to know more about this issue before making my decision.

Trying to help…, I have just install a new core (unauthorizing the first one) in a brand new MacBookPro. In this new MacBookPro I have just loaded as library my Tidal collection. Same problem. All authors appears in both general and Tidal browser but refered to albums in main browser all ofthem appear but in Tidal browser appears only the same 30 albums I could see at the other Core (Mac Mini). So, I guess the problem is equipment independent.

And, I repeat, I see only same 30 albums in both cores. It seems like Roon was loading this first 30 albums and don´t wait any more. The spin stops and no more albums “enter” the Tidal browsing. But all authors enter.

Thanks for helping.

Fran

@support

Hello @Fran_Garcia,

Our Q&A team has looked into this issue, and has had mixed success in reproducing it. Until we’re able to pin down the root cause of the issue, it’s difficult to project when a fix could be tested and implemented. We will continue to monitor this behavior in our Q&A test cases going forward.

-John

Hi, John.
Any news about??
regards,
Fran

@support

HI, @Fran_Garcia, sorry for a late reply, we put a ticket for our dev team. Let’s see if they can figure out the soultion for this.

Thanks for your patience!

Ivan

Thanks Ivan. Really expecting.
You are welcome

No news…, bad news?? Is it so difficult or extrange?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@support
Regards.

Hey Fran – I thought about this some more, and while the ticket is still open, it’s currently tagged as low priority and has not yet been sent to our dev or QA team for further work. There’s a pretty good chance we’ll remove that screen in the future as part of a larger redesign, because it duplicates functionality from other parts of the app, just with less power and flexibility.

As we discussed previously, all your TIDAL favorites should be showing in the album browser, and you can use Focus > Format if you want to browse just your TIDAL albums. You can also save that view as Bookmark for easy access.

We’ll likely leave TIDAL > My Favorites > Artists, since those favorites are only available there, but browsing of TIDAL albums and tracks should be happening in the browsers, where people can take advantage of all of Roon’s features and power.

Thanks again for the report here!