Favorites bounces on queue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10-64 - 32GB ram, core i7 quad-core.
Roon build: 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wireless-N connected to google wifi Hub.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SongcastDirect over ethernet

Description Of Issue

More often than not, when I click the heart in the queue, the heart icon blinks and bounces the click in the sense that it very briefly change to filled (like) and then reverts to un-filled.
Seems like odd buggy behavior.

Is the track you are trying to favourite in your library?
If it isn’t you can’t select it as favourites only works on library tracks.

Thanks Ged.

That seems an odd chicken and egg problem: I use Qobuz and Tidal as streaming services, so as I am “discovering” music, the track is not part of my library and still it shows the heart. So, in order to express my interest in the track I want to click in the heart to favorite it. Now then, I need to do another step(s) to first make the track part of my library and then favorite it.

So two thoughts I have for Roon:

• Heart should not be displayed if it is not available for clicking: The favorite bounce effect is a bad user experience and looks like unfinished design.
  • A song becomes an instant favorite when I hear it, regardless of whether it is in my library.
1 Like

This is a long standing pain in the proverbial that comes, I believe, from the Sooloos inheritance. It requires them to rewrite everything so it’s a distant future before it goes away.
Read the roon guides and the rules will become clear if not the underlying architecture that drives it.

1 Like

Thanks Ged.

1 Like

doubling what Pierre brought up here. This is exact the behavior I expect. I’m in the testing period of roon and the given behavior is quit confusing.
I also expect this: When I listen to a song, I want to be able to immediately flag it as favorite and this should circle back to the source (qobuz in my case). Straight forward approach, current behavior of roon player is confusing.

Even with in-library tracks, I can’t figure out how to favorite; though I have favorited some tracks.

Read the roon guides and the rules will become clear if not the underlying architecture that drives it.

Found this.

But it’s fairly light. Doesn’t go into what you are saying about library necessity.

@ged_hickman1 can you link me to your above quoted; not sure which guides to read. Thanks!

Ah, I think figured it out. I was sourcing TIDAL tracks in the queue, that were not saved to my library. In the KB linked from my above “Found this”, it then links to TIDAL Browsing, which has the instructions on adding to the library, which then automatically favorites.

Still, are there other guides, separate from the KB, you are referring to @ged_hickman1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.