Favorites - not available for all artists and tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Running Roon ROCK on Virtual Box VM.
VM is hosted by

iMac (Retina 5K 27 inch 2019

3GHz 6 core intel core i5

Memory 32Gb

Catalina 10.15.7

Hybrid Drive

ALL MUSIC STORED ON NAS
Synology DS216Play

Running DSM 6.2.3

4TB HDD Raid 1

Total tracks currently 12512

Roon 1.7 Build 667 with latest updates applied

Lifetime Roon licence

Used with a Qobuz Sublime+ account

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT Smart Hub 2 connected to
Netgear 24 port gigabyte switch
BT Whole Home Mesh and ethernet (NAS)
Local brand new TP Link 8 port gigabit switch connection by ethernet to Netgear 24 port switch and also to NAS and iMac.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

System Output plus Auralic Aries and Auralic Altair G1.
iPhone and iPad, Squeezebox (2)
N.B. this issue applies whatever output device is used.

Description Of Issue
Most artists tracks etc have the Favourite icon (heart) available and clickable regardless of whether in my local storage or on Qobuz but the odd ones don’t.
I couldn’t find anything in the knowledge base on this so may have missed something.

For example if I search for Rasberries I am offered the artist The Rasberries but no favourite icon.
Under their top tracks each track appears with a Heart icon and you can click it but it does not then mark as a favourite it just continues to show the Heart outline icon.

Am I missing something?

You can only add as a favourite if it has been added to your library. This applies to albums and tracks.

I was not aware/hadn’t realised that this also applies to artists of whom you have no music in your library. It is the case, however. To test this I searched for Raspberries (who you mention but I have never heard of) and sure enough there is no option (for me) to favourite the artist. As soon as I added one of their albums the heart appeared next to the artist and I was able to favourite them.

2 Likes

Thank you @Red_R
That makes sense - pity the icon still shows against tracks where they are not in the library but a minor thing once the requirement to add to library is understood.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.