Favourite MQA Christmas Tracks

Why haven’t we done this before?

So…I’ll kick off with three…

First up, Mr Greg Lake, who may be one of the most underrated vocalists of all time (his contribution to ‘In the Court of the Crimson King’ is peerless) with his shameless steal from Prokofiev (who had already ‘borrowed’ it from an old Hussar song): I Believe in Father Christmas

Sounding more glorious and epic than ever before, this is very moving, and I’m sure Sergei (or his lawyers) would have approved.

But if something to raise your spirits is more to your liking, could there be anything better than a group of schoolchildren singing in a Birmingham accent? (And rather better than when Pink Floyd tried the same): I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday

As a ‘Wall of Sound’ this is epic, and with a sweep of affection that makes one overlook that grammatical error in the title…Perfect!

And finally, if a Euro-Caribbean version of a Harry Belafonte classic is more your style, one of the biggest selling singles of all time cannot fail to make your season bright: Mary’s Boy Child/Oh My Lord is also from an album that is so well produced, it was actually used to test Hifi!

Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

Following. NOt a fan of the Roon X mas curated lists

1 Like

https://tidal.com/track/154239440