Feature enhancement suggestions after using trial period

You can do that, it’s called a credit card, just pay off monthly or get a personal loan. I expect a finance option would be laborious for Roon and would add to costs. More staff, terms, contracts etc would be needed. Time and money that could be spent on making Roon and it’s core functions better.
Just my view.

Thanks for this response. I was just a new trial user and was surprised at the current implementation of lists and search list capabilities on mobile devices. The thread became a discussion about my cost assessment. Sounds like the new enhancements I mentioned are being considered in the next major release.

I am aware of the great strides this software has made. Play queue management, Chromecast endpoints, mobile endpoints, Chromecast display, etc… hence my interest in investing around $1000 in using it. (software, hardware NUC)

If you already have a PC that meets Roon’s specs as a server there’s no need to purchase NUC, just add your tunes to a local drive and install Roon Server on the PC. If your DAC isn’t Roon Ready get a RPi or similar SOC (I use Odroid C2’s) to install Roon Bridge on and hook that up to your DAC. You’ll still have change to buy music after buying a lifetime license and setting up the ecosystem.

1 Like

I just want to second evand as I don’t think it gets said enough. If you are new to Roon, set it up with as much of your own current equipment to get a feel for the software and what it can do and what you might discover you want it to do. After you have a feel for Roon and have mapped out your usage case, then begin to plan the needed hardware.

Thanks, writing in a hurry :confused:

Wow! So much for open polite discussions

What a terrible way to welcome a new forum member and Roon user.
@Jeff_Rogers1 there are a fair few aggressive users on the Roon forum, you get to know them and will soon know when they will pipe up. You make good suggestions and hopefully we will see some of them addressed soon.

James response is excellent and you can always count on him for a different thought provoking response, fortunately there are many helpful people here and @xxx is mostly one of them. Don’t let his grouchy tone fool you :grin:

1 Like