Feature request: Linn DS support in Roon [done in 1.5]

Put flac compression on and give it a another go i have zero problems.

Hello Michael,

thx for the hint that you don’t have any problems, therefore I had the idea it could be due to something specific to my installation; next thing I tried was starting my KDSM via Kinsky (like in pre-ROON times) and for some reason I couldn’t switch the input to Playlist - it always switched automatically back to “UPnP” :confused:

Therefore thought something is wrong with my KDSM, rebooted the device - same problem: Couldn’t switch it to Playlist … mhm, started to think about a factory reset but then: switched off the Sonore UPnP-bridge - voila, everything works like pre-ROON, could start music with Kinsky again …

Helllo @Jesus_Rodriguez,

something in the UPnP-Bridge “occupied” my Klimax DSM to such an extend, that I couldn’t control it any more with the LINN Control App called Kinsky. When selecting “Playlist” in Kinsky as DSM-input within 1-2 seconds it switched back to UPnP. Even rebooting my DSM didn’t change that.
After switching off the UPnP bridge I could change the input of my DSM to Playlist and start playing music again.
Now I switched the UPnP bridge on again - music continued to play. Then I looked at the configuration of the UPnP bridge - still had the UPnP device selected. Finally I started ROON again, switched “FLAC Compression” off (does not play with on) and ROON was working again.

More news from Linn over on the forums:

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=34588&pid=436171#pid436171

It’s well worth a read.

Great news that Linn and Roon are making progress towards developing a connection.

Roon people: With optimistic confidence that you and Linn will work things out, I have today paid for a lifetime subscription - I hope this will help contribute to the development costs a little.

1 Like

I just cannot disable Airplay no matter what I do, which is not bit-perfect.

I have UPnP bridged pointed right at my KDS/3, and yes, Roon is talking to my Linn, but I get none of those Squeezelite options in Roon, as demonstrated above.

This is frustrating as hell. :frowning:

Do you see within roon:
Settings=>audio=>squeezebox

and below squeezebox
SqueezeLite
IP adres

??

Nope. Only Enable Squeezelite Support.

This is what I see in Roon…

There is nothing about SqueezeLite nor an IP below it.

Maybe one of the Roon guys might know what’s going on?

did you enter “sonicorbiter.com”:

then click “manage”, a new tab shows up, go to “settings” and “UPnP bridge”, then you should see something like this:

have you selected your streamer (in my case “KEDSM WoZi:UPnP AV”)?

afterwards it should show up as “sqeezebox” in Roon settings/audio

1 Like

This should point you in the right direction oterwise drop a email towards jezus he is very helpfull.

Hi Nick, apologies if I’m stating the obvious, but after Turing on the “Enable Squeezebox Support” setting as you’ve done under Settings/Setup, you have to go to Settings/Audio, where you should see your UPnP Bridge device listed as a Squeezebox device under the “Networked” heading. If you see it there, you should “Enable” it (by clicking on the blue “Enable” box), after which you should be able to select it as your output Zone from the main Roon playback interface (I’m sure you know this, but you select an output Zone by clicking on the icon to the left of the volume icon, at the bottom right of the screen).

If you don’t see your UPnP Bridge device listed on the Settings/Audio page, there may be a networking issue that is preventing Roon from seeing it. I’m afraid I’m not much of a networking guru, so I won’t be of much help in that case.

Once you do get the UPnP Bridge working, you could “disable” the Airplay zone if you don’t want to see it as an option any longer. To do this, you would go back to Settings/Audio, click on the gears icon next the Zone representing your Linn device in Airplay mode, and select “Disable” from the menu that will appear.

Hope this helps.

Thanks all. I guess I need a talk with Jesus, because here is my settings in UPnP Bridge:

Yet, in Roon it’s still showing a Linn device:

Clicking the gears only gives me the same ol’ options.

After you save changes:

This should show up under audio=>settings

Try restarting SonoreUPnP Bridge under apps options

Yeah, I’ve restarted so many ways and it different combinations it’s crazy. I never get SqueezeLite like you show. :frowning:

@Jesus_Rodriguez can you help Nick ?

1 Like

Hi again, Nick. This is a long shot, but can you confirm that Squeezebox Server (actually, I think it’s now officially called Logitech Media Server) is not running anywhere on your network, including on your Sonic Orbiter device? (If Squeezebox Server or LMS is running somewhere on the network, please try shutting it down – Squeezelite and other Squeezebox players seem to get monopolized by an instance of Squeezebox Server or LMS and then don’t appear in Roon.)

1 Like

That could be an the issue or some weird connection that does not hook up directly to a router.
The connection instructions are found here:

SONORE computer audio - Rendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

1 Like

Great success! I deleted SqueezeBox Server altogether from my SonicT and bingo, I was able to go in and configure. Bit-Perfect!

Thanks much, all! It really does mean a lot. Really. :grinning:

Nick

Glad it’s working now!

1 Like

Great news enjoy the fruits of your labour :slight_smile: