Feedback Thread: Wikipedia Integration

Me too. Often to find out what’s missing from Tidal…

1 Like

something to fix…

Same here, a bit annoying. (iphone XS)

I’ve reproduced the tapping issue, we’ll get it fixed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Also translations missing on the new feature (Settings + all INFO tabs).
Really nice addition to Roon, congrats!

1 Like

we will get them in, once we settle on all the copies and stuff. I don’t think we are there yet, but thanks for the reminder

1 Like

I think this is great as well…I plan to keep both “active” and then decide if I like using one more than another. I do think the “short and sweet” Tivo is a nice place to start, but also enjoy some of the extra depth you get w/Wikipedia. I am impressed how the hyperlinks work so well in Wikipedia to jump to other artists. Def a nice upgrade IMO having choices.

thanks,
D

Indeed, I was expecting some mess with artist equivalence but as far as I have tried it all worked perfectly

4 Likes

I’m just loving the new Wikipedia feature. Best update for me for years. Thanks team Roon.

5 Likes

Is someone looking at why the iPhone renders 3 lines at the bottom of main text on album reviews and doesn’t switch the main body it’s always TiVo?

I was idly looking through obscurities in my library and had half forgotten the new feature. Then I clicked an early 70ies collection of German industrial folk music, not expecting any insight from Tivo (my default) and up came a comprehensive Wikipedia page in German.

:hearts:

Thank you team Roon

3 Likes

Same problem with Android.

Thanks, for pointing this out! I’ve found some other issues with the mobile version of the feature that we’re also sorting out.

1 Like

I’ve just had a few hours listening that the Wikipedia integration has been integral to. Initially I was a bit underwhelmed at the Wikipedia integration but it’s slowly beguiling me.

Tonight it was its information on a composition - Bob Dylan’s I don’t believe you, started from Al Stewart’s version on Orange. The Wikipedia information having details of all the live versions released and most of them clickable.

And being able to click into the Wikipedia page from the link at the bottom of the piece included is great as there is usually some more information available (discography etc.)

This is really the sort of addition that I think would be more noticed if it was taken away rather than a big wow factor initially but well done guys it’s a great implementation and having an easy toggle with TiVo is the icing as already mentioned TiVo is more of a review, Wikipedia more factual and the compliment each other very well. It has me spending more time in Roon which is a good thing.

Looking forward to the other cunning plans that you guys have up your sleeves.

.sjb

7 Likes

The problem with Wikipedia is that some artists are terribly out of date compared to TiVo. But it does more often contain a lot more info which is good. I much prefer TiVo for reviews like you said Wiki isn’t really a review site. So my prefs are TiVo for album reviews and wiki for artists bios, it’s good that you can swap them out at any time to.

2 Likes

Me too, I prefer TiVo. I just hope that Roon doesn’t cut out TiVo one day to safe some licensing money and only go with Wikipedia. But I don’t think so.

I doubt it. When the WP integration was new, Roon staff also expressed its preference of TiVo for the initial info/review, and WP for digging deeper for facts

A new build with fixes is out. Let us know if you have any issues with Wiki stuff.

I love the Wikipedia integration in Roon, but every now and then, I come across albums or artists that do have an entry on Wikipedia (in a language that is activated in my settings) although this is not mentioned in Roon.
This album is an example.
This is the Wiki page in Dutch.

Is there a way to change this? Maybe something is missing on the Wiki page?

@Arlen I made an edit for this one in MusicBrainz.

https://musicbrainz.org/edit/95737036

If it’s not been done already, we’ll need to put together some instructions on how to do this properly for albums, artists, and compositions/works.

1 Like