Fidelizer Support Thread

Hi. For dual PC Roon setup, I recommend the following configuration below.

RoonServer PC
User Level: Purist
Audio Profile: Streamer
Media Player Application: RoonServer.exe (or auto start in tray)

Roon Bridge PC
User Level: Purist
Audio Profile: Network Player
Media Player Application: RoonBridge.exe (or auto start in tray)

You may experiment with “Apply Core Isolation Policy” feature and don’t hesitate to untick when you have any abnormality. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with and happy listening. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Today we’ve reached 3,700th milestone now in this month. As a reminder to inform customers that they receive refund for returning customer purchase, I’m running purchase offer again in this week. I also sent partial refund back for customer who placed an order on 3th June 2019.

Fidelizer Plus: US $39.95 —> $34.95 (Until 9th June 2019)
Fidelizer Pro: US $69.95 —> $59.95 (Until 9th June 2019)

This offer will last until Until 9th June 2019. Discount rate is the same as purchasing Fidelizer software again so new customer and returning customer will get the same price. You may order again anytime and receive partial-refund as discount later after this campaign is over.

I hope this will be good chance for you to consider applying Fidelizer Upgrade Program software. You can also click on “Fidelizer Upgrade Program” button and click “Order Fidelizer” button in Fidelizer free version software. :slight_smile:

Hi Keetakawee.

I am using FIDELIZER PRO 8.4 on a Windows 10 PC running ROON CORE (Media Player Application 1 = RoonServer.exe) and streaming to my DAC via network.
This PC is almost dedicated to audio, but not fully dedicated.

Would you please let me know which are the recommended value for here below settings?

• Core Isolation Policy
  • Apply core isolation policy (for Media Player Application 1 = RoonServer.exe)

Thank you.

Hi. For optimizing your computer with networked audio streaming without risks of affecting non-audio applications, I recommend using Consumer user level and Streamer audio profile for optimal results. You may leave other options as is for recommended options. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hi Keetakawee.

I am using FIDELIZER PRO 8.4 on a Windows 10 PC running ROON CORE (Media Player Application 1 = RoonServer.exe) and streaming to my DAC via network.
This PC is almost dedicated to audio, but not fully dedicated.
To achieve maximum sound quality, which is the recommended setting in the HPET (High Precision Event Timer) BIOS: it must be enabled or disabled?

Thank you.

Hi. For streaming networked audio, I recommend “Streamer” audio profile with user level you feel comfortable with.

For HPET, I always enable this feature for my setup for better I/O performance with multimedia devices. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

I have documented a lot about the influence of HPET on sound quality and the opinions are very divided. Some users consider it beneficial, and others do not. Opinions vary including the effect on different operating systems (Windows and Linux).
On my system it is clear that the HPET value has an influence on the sound quality. Both options sound good, but different. And this happens even for streaming via the network. Unfortunately I can’t do a side-by-side test, so I can compare them better…

HPET is high precision event timer designed for time sensitive application. Back then Windows only has 15.6ms timer so it caused a lot of latency issues with audio applications. This one should work great with multimedia applications for properly designed and optimized PC.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Thank you very much for this info.

Hi Keetakawee,

Is there a roadmap / plan for producing a Fidelizer for Roon Rock / Linux? It would be great…

It’s possible as I built a few Purist ROM projects involving Linux audio optimization (which I also develop side by side with Windows). However, I’ll need Roon permission to redistribute modified Roon Rock ISO and I doubt they’ll allow me to from previous discussion with developers.

Anyway, it’s possible for client to send their server to me for modification on hardware and software. I can modify Roon Rock OS on physically running device and send it back. That way, there should be no problem though I prefer Windows 10 with latest Server 2018 kernel core platform + Fidelizer Pro over any Linux OS. I won’t publish any Linux optimizations for PC until I find one I prefer more than Windows 10 + Fidelizer Pro myself.

Regards,
Keetakawee

You do not have this permission. You may not redistribute our software in this or any other manner.

Warning to any user that attempts to run this:

• this modification is in violation of our terms and conditions
  • this is completely unsanctioned and unsupported by Roon Labs
  • due to how Roon OS updates, your changes will be overwritten on the next update

The right way to do this is to build your own custom Linux distribution, completely unrelated to Roon OS. Do not steal our intellectual property, do not modify our software. Instead, do your own thing.

Thank you for your clarification. As you can see that Roon doesn’t want people to touch their product.

Optimized Roon OS platform may void terms and agreement with Roon though it won’t affect me due to GPL license. But since they’re not willing to, I won’t discuss further about it.

Anyway, OS choice is personal thing and I did build a few custom Linux distributrion. ArchLinux is good choice but I’ve been researching on Linux for no less than Windows too and you can see my compiled OS for mobile phones here for example.

For now I’ll keep Linux thing for Android and Linux based devices that I can work on. You can check Purist ROMs I develop in this page below. I discussed to company before publishing one and never have any issue with them so far. I used to work on Cayin N8 as pure Linux OS too but they later don’t want me to so I removed all their products too.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/portable-products/

And Windows has far better multimedia platform to handle kernel resource scheduling up to 100ns since Windows Vista. I doubt Linux will ever get down below 100,000ns to provide more linear bitstreaming anytime soon.

Why would anybody want this on ROCK, its optimized already to do one thing run Roon. I am sure they know their own platform better than anybody else it does not need 3rd party tweakers.

Because people have opinions and preferences.

I am the one who is interested in audio optimization for Roon ROCK.
I want to be very clear on one thing: Roon ROCK is an excellent product and I am very pleased with it.

I asked questions about audio optimization because the Roon ROCK documentation is not explicit in this regard. I refer in particular to the two aspects below. In my experience and tests over time, I have seen that these two aspects can greatly affect the sound quality.

1. Optimizing BIOS settings. We have studied several operating systems optimized for audio and most of them there are a number of recommended common BIOS settings. For example, inactivating virtualization technology, power savings etc.
    I tried to get an answer from Roon Labs (see Intel NUC recommended BIOS settings), but they were not very cooperative. Although I suspect that such settings are made in the Roon Nucleus BIOS.
  2. Audio latency. I didn’t find any explicit references regarding audio latency optimization in Roon ROCK. I don’t know if this was done or not. Maybe yes, maybe no…

Daniel, there are audiophile class Linux distros out there where these enhancements are done and supported at a price. They will be equally resistant to a third party interfering with their product but they offer a lot of what you seem to be after. Audiophilestyle.com is probably the best place to start. I’ve played with a couple of them as endpoint rather than core OS’s and they had their merits. But I’m a convenience man so they weren’t for me. Ultimately though we need to leave this space for Fidelizer support.

I agree. I apologize for disturbing this thread.

It’s OK don’t worry about it. If some days I can find or come up with new Linux distribution that I prefer more than Windows 10 + Fidelizer Pro, I can setup that distro with RoonServer and others later. If I can come up with universal solution for Linux OS optimization, I may introduce Fidelizer for Linux but right now only Purist ROM is what I can offer.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hello,
I now use a JCat USB card on my Windows 10 Pro work computer, Roon player (Roon Core is on a SonicTransporter i7), JPlay (the asio driver) in Roon to a Aurender X725 DAC / AMP.
I have installed Fidelizer Pro 8.5 and indeed I hear an improvement. Only the internet speed has dropped from 600 Mb to 200 Mb. Dit is not acceptable to me as a web designer.
Is there a way where this problem no longer occurs for me? I just can’t find it. Can you send me in the right direction which settings I should use.

Thanks in advance, Ruud