Fidelizer Support Thread

@hk6230, which version of Fidelizer are you doing that with? I am still unable to keep AIR working continuously. It will work for a a day or two, maybe three, then I start getting dropouts again. But I haven’t tried it with Fidelizer Pro.

That’s great. I’m also looking forward to hear how you did it too. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Windows X

Hi Keetakawee,

I followed your instruction by letting Fidelizer to start up Devialet AIR after optimization. I now have Fidelizer Free running on both the RoonServer (Intel NUC, Win 10) and the RoonBridge (Notebook, Win 8.1). Devialet AIR is running on the RoonBridge with JPlay 6.2.

I see. Glad to hear my suggested method works fine now. If you consider upgrading to Pro in future, you may use the same trick without trouble. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Windows X

Do I need two licenses?

It’s single PC license so it’ll be two if you want to use Fidelizer Pro on both NUC and laptop. There’ll be $10 refund for returning customer for additional license. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Windows X

After Roon 1.2 was launched for a while, some customers asked me about configuration they should set with Roon software. There’re Roon, Roon Server, and Roon Bridge software that can be installed in Windows with Fidelizer. Let’s see how each Roon’s software works with Fidelizer.

Roon - Main software that acts like media player software with cutting-edge UI. If you play music from network such as Tidal or NAS, I recommend “Network Player” audio profile. Otherwise, I recommend “Audio Player” for playing local music in computer.

Roon Server - Library server that allows music to be accessed from other devices through streaming. I recommend “Streamer” audio profile as the optimal choice for library server machine. If you use Roon Server as headless music server with Roon Remote, please configure as Roon instead.

Roon Bridge - This will run on background turning any Windows PC into Roon Ready device for streaming. I recommend “Network Render” audio profile for most suitable configuration of Roon ready device.

Let me wrap up again about Fidelizer Pro’s audio profile for each Roon software:

Roon - Network Player / Audio Player
Roon Server - Streamer / Network Player / Audio Player
Roon Bridge - Network Render

Seeing how Roon Bridge works, I can see a lot Roon ready products coming in years ahead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s been a month since releasing version 7.1 to public. I received some reports related to AirPlay stability issues so I did some investigation and found AirPlay is relying on Bonjour service. So, I added its process into audio category to fix this problem and hopefully it’ll work fine now.

Also, Roon 1.2 Update was released recently so I tested some new components and updated more Roon apps into audio category along with HQPlayer that is used by a few Roon users.

Changelog for version 7.2

Free
-Fixed iTunes AirPlay instability issue with Audiophile/Purist user level
-Improved HQPlayer and its network daemon compatibility
-Improved Roon compatibility with Roon 1.2 update

Plus

Pro

Download: Fidelizer 7.2
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

I’ve heard about Hysolid news for a while but I was too busy to test it until recently. After testing Hysolid software, I realized it runs as music server platform without frontend so it’ll run on startup. As a result, Fidelizer will treat Hysolid processes as non-audio affecting audio performance. Now I’ve improved compatibility with Hysolid software.

I also improved hyper-threading mechanisms to detect actual FPU cores instead of physical processors. In some architecture like AMD FX that I’m using, it works like hyper-threading with two processor cores sharing the same FPU unit. This should improve audio and system performance better for Fidelizer Plus/Pro.

Changelog for version 7.3

Free
-Improved compatibility with Hysolid software

Plus
-Improved Hyper-Threading mechanism to check real FPU for better performance

Pro
-Improved Hyper-Threading mechanism to check real FPU for better performance

Download: Fidelizer 7.3
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

There’s some news about changes in repository platform. I received news about MediaFire Desktop being shutdown soon so I can’t maintain updating software like before. So I’ve merged repository with main website now. Due to certain limitations, I can’t host past versions so please forgive me if you’re troubled with this change.

Excuse my ignorance here, I have installed the free version of Fidelizer on my Intel NUC (win10) which runs Roon server and Devialet AIR, I only got one option as far as configuring it so I set it to Purist. Do the other options only come with the Pro version?
Everything works fine but I can’t see any indication that Fidelizer is running, does it have to be started every time after a reboot? I can’t see any evidence of the program in any of my folders so If I wanted to uninstall how would I do this?
I apologise if any of this is glaringly obvious but after reading all of this thread my head is spinning!

Fidelizer won’t show any indication after optimizing. You can check in Task Manager and see if there’s any Fidelizer process running to confirm its functions.

If you upgrade to Pro version, you can change Audio Profile up to 7 profiles for the most suitable audio applications depending on how you play the music. You will also get system configuration that tuned Windows’ internal parts like CPU, memory management, storage, I/O, kernel and stuff for better audio performance too with startup feature for more convenient. (Free and Plus version won’t have startup feature as to keep the principle to have no permanent changes)

As for uninstallation, you can simply reboot for free and plus version. For Pro version, you can run the software again and click Uninstall then reboot to get everything back to system defaults.

Up to now there’s not a single person who aren’t satisfied with Fidelizer Upgrade Program so if you like free version’s performance, you may consider upgrading to Pro version and enjoy the music even more. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Many thanks for the swift reply. So as I understand it, the free version has to be started every time the system is started, but the pro version will remember the optimisation after a reboot. The reason I say this is because my NUC is headless and Roon and AIR are in the startup folder for when I switch it on, if I use Fidelizer I need it to be optimised when the computer starts.

That’s correct. You can set Pro to run automatically on startup by default with better optimizations and more variety of options to tune for the best sound. Fidelizer Pro is an ideal solution for your headless machine. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

After a lot of trials and errors to get Nimitra working at pristine condition, now I’ve finally finished the event in Thailand’s BAV 2016 AV show without trouble. Nimitra can plug and play with devices in the show right away without configuration required and it works great with Linn Kazoo/Kinsky software on your phone.

The result was very satisfying for people who attended the show. I saw a few people in communities are dreaming for B&W speakers after listening to music with Nimitra as the transport feeding Classe CP-800 and its amps. And founder of Whatmough was very pleased with Nimitra so she carried my demo unit back to Australia for the demonstration in upcoming show.

After TAV 2016 AV show event, now I’m confident that Nimitra is ready for worldwide market with the final price at US $1395, not cheap but affordable at great price considering you have Windows 10 Pro and JPLAY/Asset uPNP packed with special Fidelizer software solutions. I doubt any company would invest this much on software at this price.

Nimitra will work great with USB audio devices and network players with performance that can compete against many highend devices beyond its price in current market. You can also return Nimitra if it doesn’t work well with you with 30-day money back guarantee too so no risk involved. You can read more about Nimitra product and place an order below.

Nimitra Computer Audio Server | Fidelizer

I’m looking forward to serve Nimitra to you with utmost excitement I’d like to share with audiophiles who love to hear the real sound from future platform today. I’m sure Nimitra’s performance will make you smile just like how Fidelizer did with greater heights.

How do I know if fidelizer is running installed free version .Go into task manager and it shows there showing 0 % usage ? This is Windows 10 PC

Never mind found in task manager and it says running.

I see. Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Keetakawee

Going to upgrade to Pro in near future.Running Windows 10 headless with Roon,Hqplayer and Tidal.Controling with I pad air .Pc used for just audio playback.Suggested settings for highest quality sound ? Roon Server and Hqplayer are both on audio Pc.

I recommend ‘Purist’ user level with ‘Network Player’ audio profile having HQPlayer as music player application (RoonServer running on startup).

Regards,
Keetakawee

Okay thanks.To upgrade to Pro do I have to uninstall the free version.What is procedure to upgrade ? Appreciate all the quick replys.