Fidelizer Support Thread

Can’t use Fidelizer if I can’t now even get Roon and Hqplayer to work ?

Tried what you suggested still can’t get Roon and Hqplayer to. Work.

That’s strange. Did you get Roon and HQPlayer working without Fidelizer? It shouldn’t affect Roon / HQPlayer’s functionality. What is your audio device and have you tried turning device off and on again in case of USB audio module being hanged?

Regards,
Keetakawee

What is the path were Fidelizer downloads Could I maybe have some leftover parts left in system. After installing.Had Roon and Hqplayer working again .Turned system off tried again and nothing.

It’s fidelizercore.exe file in Windows directory. I think it’s more like execution order thqt caused this issue.

You should run roon first then hqplayer. Please read about comments and see how other people configured Roon + HQPlayer with Fidelizer. I recommend placing Roon shortcut in shell:startup folder method.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jason, please try implementing Roon + HQPlayer with Fidelizer Pro from this method below.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/fidelizer-6-0-released-big-update-and-upgrade-program-21529/index12.html#post499280

It works great for him.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Can’t get Roon and Hqplayer to work.Have to get this working first before I even think about try Fidelizer.

The key is to run Roon before HQPlayer with proper setup. Please follow this guide and also check your network security features. Something like Firewall or internet security software may get in the way.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/how-do-i-use-roon-and-hqplayer-together/5866

Regards,
Keetakawee

So, the roon can auto start and then HQPlayer launched by fidelizer, which is set as shell via service tool?

That’s correct. I recommend setting Roon up with startup feature so HQPlayer will sure run after Roon after Fidelizer finishing optimizations.

Regards,
Keetakawee

How to you make changes to Fidelizer after it is already installed ?

You can run Fidelizer software you downloaded again and choose different configuration.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I have purchased Fidelizer Pro 7.3 & need help in choosing correct Profile on Intel NUC that runs Roon End Point with HQPlayer.
Roon Server is on another Windows 10 PC with i7 Hexacore processor that connects to Synology NAS.
Fildelizer Pro is installed on Windows 10 Intel NUC i5 PC with Roon End Point + HQPlayer.

In your previous post you have recommended “Network Render” but HQPLayer does use CPU heavily when up-sampling the audio so I think “Audio Player” will be best suited.

But again I need your opinion on the matter.

I’ve selected User Leve as “Purist” but not sure to which Audio Profile is suited for best sound quality with HQPlayer.
Should i choose “Audio Player” or “Network Render”?

Network Render is recommended for dual PC setup running as JPLAY’s Audio PC, HQPlayer’s NAA Renderer, or Roon audio endpoint device. If you run main HQPlayer software playing from NAS, I recommend ‘Network Player’ audio profile.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Keekawee,
Thanks for the suggestion. However I notice a difference in sound quality between “Network Render” and “Audio Player”.
Network Render sounds a bit thinner and edgy and
Audio Player has a balanced and neutral sound.

Can you please educate me what goes underneath these modes that causes the differences? I like to know what processes are affected by each mode for my understanding.

BTW great software to improve sound.
Thanks,
Arshad

In my previous reply, I recommended ‘Network Player’ not ‘Network Render’ since you play music from NAS storage.

About Player VS Render comparison. Player will focus on application performance so intensive audio application like HQPlayer with DSP can work without limitations. Render will focus on application that just play audio alone without additional processing power required.

As for sound quality, Player will give more dynamics and punches of music and Render will give every last drop of detail and transparency.

General recommendations are based on designs from application usage but users can also choose what it sounds best on their systems.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Hi guys. It’s me again. I’m going to visit Hong Kong AV Show 2016 tomorrow. Before the day of departure, I noticed start menu on my desktop’s PC looks slightly different. So I checked the news and found Windows 10 AE ships out now.

As usual, I’m going to test Fidelizer on newly updated Windows 10 platform and give my report about sound performance and system’s stability. So far system looks pretty stable and slightly smoother than before. There’s no audio glitch with optimized audio playback configuration with or without Fidelizer. But it’s just from my hardware alone so please let me know if you find something unusual on your system.

I also recommend to re-apply Fidelizer Pro installation after update IMMEDIATELY because it shocked me so bad how terrible the sound was after updating. My friend who listened to music few hrs ago could immediately tell it got worse with more sterile sound. I re-applied Fidelizer Pro optimizations and it’s all good again now.

How do you properly remove Fidelizer ?

Run Fidelizer Pro again and click Uninstall, restart computer

Regards,
Keetakawee

Okay thanks.I already uninstalled and reinstalled.Had to remove for some reason was not able to set up my room correction with it enabled.