File analysis/waveform oddity

Roon Server Machine

Intel Nuc10i7 running Rock
16GB RAM
Roon server on build 1353

Description of Issue

I have a single track (so far) of a freshly added album that shows a completely wrong waveform. I have tried removing and re-adding the album to my library multiple times in an attempt to force a rescan with the same result, even changing the analysis speed from Fast (1 core) to throttled with no difference. I made sure to click “Clean Up Library” between attempts and it did appear to rescan the album. In the screenshot notice that the waveform shows silence for about 30 seconds at the end of the track, but it is definitely anything but quiet up to the very end. The waveform display itself does not bother me so much, but since the analysis supposedly affects DSP functions I thought it worth looking into. Local library is stored on a Synology NAS.

Hi @MagicSmoke,

Thank you for the report. At your convenience, please upload the affected track file here for our QA team to investigate. If we determine there’s a Roon-side error, we’ll document and track the issue with a ticket for resolution.

If there’s an issue with the file itself, we’ll re-open the thread to let you know here. Thank you!

File has been uploaded. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.