File deletions from ssd

When you have files stored and moved to the SSD in the Nucleus, it is easy to have 2 of the same show up in the main screen for music choices. One is labeled duplicate. If you delete this duplicate, it does delete the files, so no the stored album is fully gone. So, why not just have the delete for a duplicate remove the screen view instead of the music files. Or better yet a recycle bin or waste basket would be helpful when one deletes anything and then needs is back.

Hello @William_Utz,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to assist here. The duplicates of the files could have occurred because Roon saw two media files with the same signature at the same time. When this behavior occurs and Roon is still operating and both the old and new locations are in “Watched” folders, duplicates can occur.

It is best practice to first un-watch the current media location, Close Roon (or Stop RoonServer from running), copy the files to the new location, and then enable the Watched folder for only the new location while leaving the old location disabled.

Following these steps will also preserve your edits, otherwise the new location files are recognized by Roon as “new” media. More information on this process can be found here.

There is also the option in Roon to perform a cleanup of your library in Setting -> Library -> Library Maintenance -> Clean Up Library but I would be very careful before using that setting as it can cause issues if you have files saved on the database and the Storage location is currently offline.

Anything that is referenced in the database and is not active at the moment may be removed, causing you to lose edits to those associated files. I highly recommend reading Mike’s and Brian’s post regarding this feature before performing it, post can be found here.

I hope that helps but do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Noris