File loading slowly - my solution

This issue occasionally plagues my listening experience. I worked out early on that this is likely network related. As I was not prepared to undertake the expense of installing an Ethernet network in my house, I thought I might give the WiiM Pro a try as a possible solution. The advantage of the Wiim Pro is that it can be set to only use the 5 GHz wifi band and thus not be subject to as much interference as the 2,4 GHz and hopefully provide a more robust connection. So far this has proven to be the case.

Thus, this morning my Devialet 220 pro was plagued with file loading slowly messages, switched to the WiiM Pro and I had no problems. Switching back to the Devialet, and within seconds file loading slowly message appeared.

I cannot detect any difference in audio quality between listening with streaming directly to the Devialet or via WiiM Pro. There is a slight inconvenience in using WiiM Pro for streaming in this setup, as I need to select the input stream and manage the volume via the Devialet app rather than in Roon itself. As I rarely vary volume during a listening session, this is a minor niggle.

This may not prove to be a 100% solution to the file loading slowly problem, but it pushes it in the right direction.

I don’t understand why you need to select the input stream and manage the volume via the Devialet app rather than in Roon itself. Maybe the connection to Devialet uses different protocols in the two situations.
Can you share the signal path for both types of connections (streaming directly to the Devialet and via WiiM Pro)?