File scan issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK - Roon Version 1.7 (build 710) stable
Files are on a QNAP NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet (everything is hardwired)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn gear. Connected with ethernet

Description Of Issue

1. My preferred Album sort order is “Sort by Date Added”. This doesn’t work as expected. My Import date is set at “File Creation Time” and this works perfectly on the initial import. When I update the file outside of Roon (for instance I change a tag because there was a typo in the composer name) the “File Creation Time” on file system level remains unchanged, only the “Last Write Time” changes. When I look in Roon at the file (File Info) the “Created Time” will be changed (!) and so the album will move to the front of the list. This is not what I expect nor what I want. If I would re-import the file Roon would honor the “Import Date” setting, please do the same when the file is already part of the library!

2. A few updates ago the “Real time” scan of new files changed. This is not working anymore on my system, not even after the last update. For now I have set the “Automatic Rescan Interval” at 2 hours so new files eventually will appear but not as fast as I would prefer

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.