File scanning forever

roon 1.8 (814) on rock
library on local usb drive (extFAT)

after migrating from qnap with backup/restore
all files are imported, evrything works
but the scanning wheel never stops

grafik

logfiles says (multiple times)

09/11 14:53:45 Critical: [storage] [directory] Unhandled storage exception: System.ArgumentException: String contains invalid Unicode code points. (Parameter ‘strInput’)

09/11 14:53:45 Critical: [storage] [directory] Unhandled storage exception: System.ArgumentException: String contains invalid Unicode code points. (Parameter ‘strInput’)
at System.Globalization.Normalization.ValidateArguments(String strInput, NormalizationForm normalizationForm)
at System.Globalization.Normalization.IcuNormalize(String strInput, NormalizationForm normalizationForm)
at Sooloos.Storage.NormalizedComparer.GetHashCode(String s)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindValue(TKey key)
at Sooloos.Storage.DirectoryStorage._ScanDirectory(Boolean updatestatus, String scandirpath, Boolean recurse)
at Sooloos.Storage.DirectoryStorage.<>c__DisplayClass101_2.<_ScanDirectory>b__2()
at Sooloos.Storage.DirectoryStorage.<>c__DisplayClass99_0.<_SpinWorkQueue>b__0()

i think there are several files/dirctories with special characters
the logfiles gives me no clue - how can i find them to rename?

Ever worked with Foobar2000 or MP3Tag?

or

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

Example;

$replace(str,search,replace)

Replaces all occurrences of string search in string str with string replace.

Can also be used with an arbitrary number of arguments. Note that
$replace(str,search1,replace1,search2,replace2) is generally not the same as $replace($replace(str,search1,replace1),search2,replace2).

Example: $replace(ab,a,b,b,c) → “bc”, $replace($replace(ab,a,b),b,c) → “cc”

Hello @Andreas_Doerler,

Thank you very much for getting in touch and sharing this. We’re sorry about the trouble and would love to take a closer look and help :nerd_face:

Can you please upload the complete logs to Dropbox, Google Drive or a similar service and post a link here? Please be sure to turn on “sharing by link”, instructions on how to do so for Dropbox can be found here and for Google Drive can be found here.

@beka

1 Like

Thanks so much, @Andreas_Doerler. I’ve passed them on to our technical team. We’ll follow up on this thread as soon as they got a chance to take a look :nerd_face:

Hi @Andreas_Doerler, after looking at the logs you shared, I think we need to see a little more information in order to track down what’s happening. We’ve enabled some additional logging on your account — Can you please reboot and then do the following:

• Reboot your Core machine.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for ~5 minutes.
  • Reboot your Core machine once more.
  • Start up Roon and let the spinner go for another ~5 minutes.

This should allow the team to gain some insight into what you’re experiencing in the report. Once you’ve done this let me know the timestamps and use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

hi @dylan,

i think i already fixed it by DIY :slight_smile:

with the extended logging information i was able to find the culprits: three filenames contained strange characters. after renaming them and restarting the server my logfiles are now free from error messages and the infinite scanning wheel disappeared.

thanks for your help!!!

(you can reset to normal logging - or is it possible for me to set the logservel?)

andy

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.