Files fail to import [Fixed by Build 142]

I have a large collection of old radio files in MP3 format. Most of them fail to import. These are stored under an iTunes library although I no longer run iTunes.

05/07 12:33:23 Warn: [storage/itunes] Unsupported stream paramters’/Volumes/internal/Users/frankg/Music/oldradio/iTunes Media/Music/Suspense 05_04_44/The Suspense Project/90 The Dark Tower.mp3’

$ file 90\ The\ Dark\ Tower.mp3
90 The Dark Tower.mp3: Audio file with ID3 version 2.3.0, contains: MPEG ADTS, layer III, v2, 32 kbps, 22.05 kHz, Monaural

Hey @frankg. Give this a read and let us know if you’re still not seeing these files, ok?

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_Some_of_my_files_aren’t_showing_up_in_Roon

Hi @mike, I believe the file meets all the requirements in the FAQ. I can play it in iTunes and the mp3val utility says it is a good file. I have included a dropbox link below. Thanks for the help on this.

The Dark Tower

bash-3.2$ ls -l *mp3
-rw-r–r-- 1 frankg admin 7045248 May 8 10:36 90 The Dark Tower.mp3

bash-3.2$ mp3val 90\ The\ Dark\ Tower.mp3
Analyzing file “90 The Dark Tower.mp3”…
INFO: “/Users/frankg/Desktop/90 The Dark Tower.mp3”: 67403 MPEG frames (MPEG 2 Layer III), +ID3v1+ID3v2, CBR
Done!

Hi

I would think you are having the same problem I did. This link explains it. 32 kHz MP3s not importing [fixed pending next release].

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I will test importing the file again when the new release comes out.

The new software version fixed my import problem. Thanks for the help.

1 Like