Files fail to load

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number) Macbook with MacOS 10.4.5 Mojave

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) Antipodes music server on ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.) I’ve got a Shindo preamp feeding a Leben amp and an Auralic G2 DAC with clock

Description Of Issue

Lately for some reason files aren’t loading (corrupt?) from my Antipodes music server. What would cause that? I can replace the files but I need to fix the problem. Any ideas? Where should I start? Thanks.

Hi @rickcarl,

Are all files from the Antipodes not showing up in Roon? Can you share a screenshot of Settings | Storage?

Are these files showing up when you go to Skipped Files?

No, I just get a window that says these files are not loading. I don’t know where Skipped Files is. And here is the screenshot of Settings/Storage.

Let me know if you need something else.

Dyan,

It just happened again. It says, “Playback was interrupted because of a corrupt audio file.” What’s corrupting them?

Hi @rickcarl,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. You can find the Skipped Files section in Settings -> Library -> Skipped Files -> View but I am not certain if the tracks would show up there.

It appears that your Core is actually the Antipodes DX3 according to the Settings header, and not the Macbook. Based on your screenshot I do believe there is another issue at play here, you are asking the Core machine to reference it’s own storage location via the network (antipodes.DX3/storage/Folder_Path).

When you ask the Core to do this, it is effectively reaching out to the network, communicating via the router and then communicating back with itself, which can cause added latency and some strange behavior. Here is what I would do:

1. Create a Backup of your current Roon database using Roon’s internal backup manager

2. Move all of the additional folders under the primary music folder on the Antipodes and let Roon scan then that way. Note: You will want to disable these folders from your Watched Storage directory first as to avoid Roon seeing duplicate files. Our Preserve Edits Guide touches upon more specific instructions in this regard.

3. Check the Skipped Files area of Roon to see if perhaps any of your files are showing up with corruption and replace these.

After performing all of these steps, can you let me know if you still experience the same behavior?

‘Music Folder’ is actually ‘Antipodes.DX3’/storage (including sub-directories), from which 4077 tracks have been imported. What is the purpose of the additional Watched Folders that also reference /storage?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.