Files on external EXFAT drive don't show up [Solved]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Retina (macOS Mojave 10.14.4/5K, 27-inch, 2017/Build 16 (416)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Speedport Plus router / ethernet connections

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

dCS Network Bridge

Description Of Issue

I’ve copied my music files from a Synology folder to a WD My passport 4TB hard drive formatted EXFAT/GUID, attached to an iMac.
I edited the folder in Roon>Storage to point to the WD drive. Roon showed some 30,000 albums in Overview (approx. correct) but only some 8,000 albums in the Albums view, without any Focus Filters.
I rebooted Synology, iMac, ejected drive. Same issue.
To test, I added the Synology music folder back in Roon>Storage. Its music files show up properly in Roon.
Forgot to mention, Synology location appears as a “Roonmounts” location, for what it’s worth.
Focusing by location, Synology files show up with some 50,000 duplicates, which I suspect is files from the external drive. Yet, filtering to only show the external drive files, Roon shows 97 albums only.

I’m stumped, though a long-time user and enthusiastic Roon fan.

Hi @Highfi,

Is the behavior the same if you disable the Synology folder and leave just the WD Passport active? I would also recommend creating a Backup of your current Roon Database for safe keeping and then rebooting your Core after removing the secondary location. Once you have done this and confirmed that there is no activity going on in the background, do the files then show up? If Roon is still importing files, an activity spinner would be present like so:

1 Like

Hello @Highfi,

I noticed that my previous comment was marked as the solution for this issue, was this done by accident or did the comment resolve this behavior? Please let me know if this is still occurring after the activity spinner has completed, thanks!

Issue resolved with many thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.