Files Won't Play After Moving Storage Location [Solved]

Roon version 1.5 (build 323) stable (64 bit)
Mac Mini late 2014 2.6Ghz i5
8GB RAM
OSX 10.13.4
Approximately 7,000 songs

I had been using a Seagate 1TB Portable External Hard Drive connected via USB for my storage but I was having performance issues with my Mac so I decided to move storage to the internal hard drive. I followed the process in the FAQ. I disabled all old storage folders that contained the files that were being relocated, I copied the files to the new location on my internal hard drive and I add the folder(s) that contain the copied files.

Roon appeared to have added to files back but they won’t play. If I View File Info it shows path to the new file location but the file won’t play and Roon skips through files and eventually says “go find something to play.”

Hello @Tom_Kennelly,

Thanks for contacting support, to get a better idea of what can be going wrong here can I please ask you to do/provide the following?

• A screenshot of what the file path looks like for a track now the content has been moved to the internal drive
• Try to do a “Force Rescan” on the new folder location. You can do this by navigating to Settings -> Storage pressing the 3-dot drop down menu and pressing Force Rescan. Please verify if the problem still occurs after doing so
• If the problem still occurs, can you please try to temporarily “Disable” the watched folder (located in the same menu as Force Rescan) and then re-enable it and see if the issue still persists

After you have tried the above please let me know your results and we can continue forward from there.

Thanks,
Noris

I did a force re-scan and that solved the problem. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.