Filter out albums with incomplete works

I’d like to get a list of albums that contain complete classical works. I.e., I’d like to filter out albums that contain only excerpts. Is this possible?

Hi Jason,

Using the Compositions browser by Composer, you should be able to distinguish full works from excerpts but I don’t know of a way to Focus only on excerpts (or vice versa).

I’m not in front of Roon atm but will check back after seeing what else might be done.

Thanks for your reply, @andybob. I’m not sure how to distinguish full works from excerpts with the Compositions browser. It may be obvious, but I just can’t see it.

Hi Jason,

I’ve looked at both Composers and Compositions more closely now and I can’t see a way to do this. My initial thought was that Composers showed individual Parts where they were excerpted from a whole Work, but I now suspect this is an artifact of some bad metadata in my collection, rather than intended behaviour.

Let’s flag @joel and @Ludwig to see if they have any suggestions.

It sounds like it could be a useful tool. Would you like me to turn this into a Feature Request ?

Jason, Andybob, other than the obvious solution of looking at the composition lengths, there is no present way to filter WORKS with less than all PARTS.

I had suggested once that the Performances page be initially sorted by composition time to clump the partial compositions together. It’s in my pipeline :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the replies.

I have shifted this thread to Feature Requests where it will have greater visibility for the devs when considering future development and can receive comment from other users.